Feel like you have an overpriced auto insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because you’re not alone.
Sadly, nearly 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Arizona could cut their rates by about 50% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to take the time to find affordable auto insurance rates.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every company to get the best price available on GMC Yukon insurance in Phoenix.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates occasionally since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on GMC Yukon insurance in Phoenix a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the things you must know in order to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Just remember that having more price comparisons helps locate lower pricing.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Arizona. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yukon SLE 2WD||$166||$268||$288||$18||$86||$826||$69|
|Yukon SLE 4WD||$224||$402||$338||$20||$102||$1,086||$91|
|Yukon SLT 2WD||$162||$246||$300||$18||$90||$816||$68|
|Yukon SLT 4WD||$174||$240||$306||$18||$92||$830||$69|
|Yukon Denali 2WD||$228||$420||$390||$24||$116||$1,178||$98|
|Yukon Denali 4WD||$200||$356||$404||$24||$122||$1,106||$92|
|Yukon Hybrid 2WD||$216||$392||$348||$20||$104||$1,080||$90|
|Yukon Hybrid 4WD||$278||$620||$382||$22||$114||$1,416||$118|
|Yukon Hybrid Denali 2WD||$220||$464||$458||$28||$136||$1,306||$109|
|Yukon Hybrid Denali 4WD||$198||$376||$338||$20||$102||$1,034||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Phoenix which can alter auto insurance rates noticeably.
Higher deductibles save money
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact GMC Yukon insurance costs for each different age group. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of GMC Yukon insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Phoenix insurance discounts for a GMC Yukon
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Yukon can get you a discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a course in safe driver could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Larger car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, business and professional, switch companies, mature driver, and alternative fuel.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO may have discounts that include seat belt use, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, good student, and driver training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for safe vehicle, multiple vehicles, paid in full, group or association, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, and good student.
- The Hartford discounts include bundle, air bag, anti-theft, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for 55 and retired, safe driver, youthful driver, good student, and driver training.
- USAA has savings for multi-vehicle, family discount, driver training, defensive driver, and military installation.
If you want low cost Phoenix car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Phoenix. To view car insurance companies with significant discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
Learn How to Buy Insurance at a Discount
Many things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Teen vs. mature drivers – Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Drivers with little experience are proven to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Lower rates by increasing deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a windshield shattered by a rock, hail damage, and having your car stolen. Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- Policy add-ons may be wasting money – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Coverages for roadside assistance, towing, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
- Bad credit hurts insurance premiums – Having a bad credit rating factor in determining what you pay for insurance. People that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you could pay less to insure your GMC Yukon by repairing your credit.
- Insurance claims cost money – If you file claims often, don’t be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Arizona provide better rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Vehicle features impact insurance rates – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Get a ticket, pay higher prices – Only having one citation can bump up the cost substantially. Attentive drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. People who have severe violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Protect yourself with liability protection – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Insurance losses for a GMC Yukon – Car insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher premium rate. The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for GMC Yukon vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for GMC Yukon Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Yukon 4dr 2WD 86 96 112 66 GMC Yukon 4dr 4WD 86 89 117 63 61 69 GMC Yukon XL 1500 4dr 2WD 111 99 137 GMC Yukon XL 1500 4dr 4WD 104 126 128 59
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance quotes from local neighborhood Phoenix car insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is still important in Phoenix.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
When finding an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Phoenix agents can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below are Phoenix independent insurance agencies who may provide price quote information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Phoenix that can give you rate quotes.
Severiano Torres III – State Farm Insurance Agent
1820 N 75th Ave #106 – Phoenix, AZ 85035 – (623) 846-0240 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency requires more thought than just the quoted price. Any agent in Phoenix should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
How much can you save?
When searching for cheaper Phoenix car insurance quotes, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to lower your GMC Yukon insurance premium rates in Phoenix. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much are Phoenix Car Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)