If you’re new to shopping for Phoenix car insurance quotes online, it’s easy to get overwhelmed thanks to the huge assortment of insurance providers offering insurance in Phoenix.
A recent study showed that most drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates with other companies. Phoenix drivers could cut their rates by roughly 50% a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate how much they could save if they switched.
This article’s intent is to instruct you on how to get online quotes and also save some money in the process If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. But Arizona drivers can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Affordable companies for Ford F-350 insurance
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$280||$620||$584||$34||$176||$1,694||$141|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 4WD||$250||$520||$584||$34||$176||$1,564||$130|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 2WD||$204||$324||$338||$20||$102||$988||$82|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$154||$284||$508||$30||$152||$1,128||$94|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$314||$538||$306||$18||$92||$1,268||$106|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$318||$632||$362||$22||$108||$1,442||$120|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$154||$298||$508||$30||$152||$1,142||$95|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$204||$364||$472||$28||$142||$1,210||$101|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD||$184||$316||$432||$26||$130||$1,088||$91|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$138||$240||$422||$26||$126||$952||$79|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$318||$632||$544||$32||$162||$1,688||$141|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$312||$620||$584||$34||$176||$1,726||$144|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$230||$364||$306||$18||$92||$1,010||$84|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$314||$538||$306||$18||$92||$1,268||$106|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab King Ranch 2WD||$180||$290||$300||$18||$90||$878||$73|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD||$370||$632||$590||$34||$176||$1,802||$150|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 4WD||$230||$418||$458||$28||$138||$1,272||$106|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$278||$650||$508||$30||$152||$1,618||$135|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$296||$582||$464||$28||$138||$1,508||$126|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 4WD||$206||$334||$590||$34||$176||$1,340||$112|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$250||$546||$508||$30||$152||$1,486||$124|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$206||$334||$590||$34||$176||$1,340||$112|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 2WD||$254||$364||$306||$18||$92||$1,034||$86|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$276||$456||$282||$16||$84||$1,114||$93|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$180||$266||$308||$18||$92||$864||$72|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$256||$426||$362||$22||$108||$1,174||$98|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Lariat 2WD||$170||$284||$314||$18||$94||$880||$73|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$366||$460||$392||$24||$118||$1,360||$113|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$308||$538||$338||$20||$102||$1,306||$109|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$254||$418||$458||$28||$138||$1,296||$108|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$312||$518||$458||$28||$138||$1,454||$121|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$226||$334||$590||$34||$176||$1,360||$113|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$276||$518||$472||$28||$142||$1,436||$120|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$224||$418||$314||$18||$94||$1,068||$89|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 2WD||$308||$620||$314||$18||$94||$1,354||$113|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$346||$620||$306||$18||$92||$1,382||$115|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$254||$418||$306||$18||$92||$1,088||$91|
|F-350 Super Cab XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$250||$450||$288||$18||$86||$1,092||$91|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$250||$450||$432||$26||$130||$1,288||$107|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$224||$418||$472||$28||$142||$1,284||$107|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$276||$518||$314||$18||$94||$1,220||$102|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$256||$492||$362||$22||$108||$1,240||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific Phoenix garaging location which can affect insurance rates noticeably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford F-350 insurance premiums with and without full coverage. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Ford F-350 settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Ford F-350 insurance in Phoenix
Companies do not list every discount very well, so we break down a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Phoenix car insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to monitor vehicle usage by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with some car insurance companies.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Phoenix car insurance quote. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current F-350 insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will lower your car insurance premiums.
The best car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, accident-free, defensive driving training, passive restraint, good student, good driver, and student away at school.
- American Family offers discounts for good student, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, accident-free, air bags, and good driver.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, anti-theft, education and occupation, good driver, good student, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-theft, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, federal employee, military active duty, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for annual mileage, age of vehicle, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for mature driver, youthful driver, alternative fuel, homeowner, multi-car, switch companies, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent how you can save money. Some credits might not apply in every state. To see car insurance companies with significant discounts in Phoenix, follow this link.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that help determine your policy premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
The following are some of the major factors used by companies to determine rates.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – Driving more miles annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. Verify your policy states the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. An improperly rated F-350 is throwing money out the window.
- Rural areas have lower costs – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when it comes to car insurance. City drivers tend to have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents.
- Accidents can be expensive – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Even one citation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who get dangerous violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Avoid car insurance policy lapses – Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Arizona motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Car insurance rates and age – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable.Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be more careless when driving with friends so car insurance rates are higher.
- Ford F-350 insurance loss statistics – Car insurance companies factor in historical loss data to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that historically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher premium rates.
The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Ford F-350 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-350 Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-350 4WD 78 54 Ford F-350 SuperCab 4WD 66 90 98 Ford F-350 SuperCrew 2WD 108 232 Ford F-350 SuperCrew 4WD 96 134 179 47 44 90
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Shop online but buy locally
Some people would rather go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is definitely important in Phoenix.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Phoenix who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to drive around since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
The following is a short list of auto insurance companies in Phoenix who can help you get price quotes for Ford F-350 insurance in Phoenix.
- Eric Hamilton – State Farm Insurance Agent
10265 W Camelback Rd #120 – Phoenix, AZ 85037 – (623) 848-3048 – View Map
- Best Buy Insurance
3917 S Central Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85040 – (602) 268-2548 – View Map
- Susan Cox – State Farm Insurance Agent
2715 W Northern Ave #110 – Phoenix, AZ 85051 – (602) 995-2821 – View Map
- Justin Crain – State Farm Insurance Agent
6146 N 35th Ave #103 – Phoenix, AZ 85017 – (602) 242-4141 – View Map
Deciding on an insurer requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Phoenix should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is there a local claims center in Phoenix?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
After receiving satisfactory answers to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found an provider that is reliable enough to service your policy.
Are auto insurance companies telling the truth?
Well-known auto insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads on TV and radio. All the companies convey the message that people will save just by switching your coverage to them. How does each company have lower policy pricing? This is the trick they use.
Companies can use profiling for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For example, this type of insured might be described as between 25 and 40, has no tickets, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Any person who meets those qualifications receives the best prices in Phoenix and therefore will save some money.
Potential customers who do not meet those standards will probably have to pay a more expensive rate which results in the customer not purchasing. The wording the ads use say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” can save as much as they claim. This is how insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote.
Because each company has a different risk profile, drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will have the best prices at this point in time.
You can find cheap coverage
Affordable Ford F-350 insurance in Phoenix can be sourced online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can lower your Ford F-350 insurance rates in Phoenix. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is less work than it seems.
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Journey in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)