Finding cheap rates on Acura ILX insurance in Phoenix is always quite difficult for drivers who are beginners to comparison shopping online. With such a large number of agents and insurance companies available, it can easily turn into a challenge to find the best rates.
Unbelievable but true according to a study almost 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in Arizona could pocket almost $700 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to find better prices using this information. Comparison shopping for more affordable coverage in Phoenix is simple if you know the tricks. Although Arizona drivers can benefit from knowing how insurance companies charge you for coverage and take advantage of how the system works.
Low-cost companies for Acura ILX insurance in Arizona
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Arizona. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance policy discounts for Acura ILX insurance in Phoenix
Companies don’t necessarily list every discount very well, so we researched a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Phoenix auto insurance online.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Driver Safety – Passing a class that teaches driver safety techniques can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable their insurance company to track driving habits remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- GEICO has discounts for five-year accident-free, federal employee, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, driver training, and anti-theft.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good driver, claim-free, accident-free, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, multiple autos, safe vehicle, good driver, and passive restraint.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including professional/association, anti-theft, good driver, age of vehicle, and type of vehicle.
- 21st Century offers discounts including defensive driver, good student, teen driver, 55 and older, automatic seat belts, air bags, and early bird.
- Allstate may include discounts for resident student, new car, utility vehicle, 55 and retired, premier discount, and eSmart discount.
Before buying, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in Phoenix.
Local Phoenix insurance agencies
A small number of people just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this short form, your information is sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurance company is decision based upon more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How are claims handled?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
The following are Phoenix exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Chris Bolton – State Farm Insurance Agent
1630 N 7th St – Phoenix, AZ 85006 – (602) 252-1330 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Jennifer Swenson
4731 N Central Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85012 – (602) 995-9334 – View Map
- John Abercrombie III – State Farm Insurance Agent
7207 N 7th St – Phoenix, AZ 85020 – (602) 906-0299 – View Map
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
The following is a list of independent agents in Phoenix that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Fasula Kaplan Insurance Agency
11022 N 28th Dr Suite 125 – Phoenix, AZ 85029 – (602) 564-0880 – View Map
- Best Buy Insurance
3917 S Central Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85040 – (602) 268-2548 – View Map
- Citywide Insurance
1529 W Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (602) 241-9200 – View Map
Insurance advertising tricks
Popular insurance providers such as State Farm and Allstate regularly use ads in print and on television. They all make the same claim about how much you will save just by switching your coverage to them. How can each company charge less that you’re paying now? It’s all in the wording.
Insurance companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of customer that will add to their bottom line. For instance, this type of insured could be a female over age 40, insures multiple vehicles, and does not commute to work. Someone that fits those parameters gets the lowest prices and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
People who may not quite match the ideal profile will be charged higher rates and the customer buying from a different company. Company advertisements say “drivers that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save money. That is how companies can truthfully make those statements. Different companies use different criteria so you should compare many company’s prices. You cannot predict the company that will have the best Acura ILX insurance in Phoenix.
One last thing about your coverage
As you shop your coverage around, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions or being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider is actually quite simple.
You just read many ways to compare Acura ILX insurance car insurance rates in Phoenix. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding low cost Phoenix auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)