Feel like you have an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us, there are many people just like you.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Arizona drivers could save $700 each year, but they just feel it’s too hard to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
Popular companies such as GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive continually hit you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to avoid their marketing magic and take the time to shop coverage around.
You need to get comparison quotes on a regular basis since insurance prices change regularly. Even if you got the best deal on Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Phoenix six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the proper way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
If you’re already insured, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using these tips. Buying affordable auto insurance in Phoenix can be easy if you know a few tricks. But Arizona drivers can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to sell online because it can help you find the best coverage.
The best way to compare rate quotes for Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Phoenix is to understand car insurance companies will pay a fee to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information like if you’re married, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, coverage limits, and if a SR-22 is required. Those rating factors gets sent immediately to many different companies and they respond with quotes almost instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Phoenix.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Lower rate quotes by applying discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially in comparison with bad drivers.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Suzuki may allow you to get lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Some of the larger companies that have these money-saving discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not be offered in Phoenix. To see providers that offer some of these discounts in Phoenix, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Phoenix auto insurance agents?
A small number of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Phoenix who will give you bids for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent to you instantly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a low price. A good agent in Phoenix will have answers to these questions.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance policy providers may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Phoenix who can help you get rate quotes.
Mary Parada – State Farm Insurance Agent
3414 W Bell Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85053 – (602) 942-9202 – View Map
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Phoenix that can give you price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
333 E Flower St – Phoenix, AZ 85012 – (602) 956-1851 – View Map
How Insurers Calculate Suzuki XL-7 Insurance Costs
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the factors that aid in calculating your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get big savings. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your commute time.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine premiums.
- Your occupation may affect premiums – Jobs such as real estate brokers, executives and accountants tend to have higher premium rates because of high stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, careers such as farmers, athletes and homemakers pay the least.
- Safer cars save money – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
- Annual miles is a factor – The more you drive your Suzuki annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven. Having the wrong rating on your XL-7 may be wasting your money.
- More performance means more cost – The type of car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. The most favorable rates are generally reserved for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Since the Suzuki XL-7 falls in the standard SUV class, rates will be slightly more when compared to the average rates in Phoenix.
- Being married can save you money – Getting married may earn you lower rates when buying car insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Do you really need the extra coverages? – There are many extra bells and whistles that can add up if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but if you don’t need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Consider raising deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your Suzuki. Examples of covered claims would be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower rates – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Phoenix, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Suzuki XL-7, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Suzuki at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your Suzuki and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Phoenix overpays as much as $820 a year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
We just presented many ideas to lower your Suzuki XL-7 insurance car insurance rates in Phoenix. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford.
Affordable Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Phoenix is definitely available both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much are Phoenix Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much are Phoenix Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)