Do you want cheaper auto insurance rates in Phoenix, AZ? Phoenix buyers have lots of choices when searching for the lowest priced Suzuki Equator insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the best way to compare rates for your Suzuki and locate the best price possible.
It’s important to compare rates yearly since insurance rates trend upward over time. Just because you found the lowest premium rates on Suzuki Equator insurance in Phoenix a few years ago there may be better deals available now. You’ll find a ton of advice on Equator insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn some great ways to put money back in your pocket.
Insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- No Claim Discounts – Phoenix drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Phoenix car insurance quote in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies allow discounts for switching to them prior to your current Equator insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Onboard Data Collection – Phoenix drivers who agree to allow data collection to monitor their driving habits by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include teen driver, homeowners, 55 and older, driver training, and air bags.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, multiple policy, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
- AAA offers premium reductions for AAA membership discount, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, and education and occupation.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for newly married, safety features, teen driver discount, newly retired, new move discount, and preferred payment discount.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
When getting free Phoenix car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Savings may not apply to policies in your area.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equator Ext Cab 2WD||$138||$248||$404||$24||$122||$936||$78|
|Equator Ext Cab 2WD||$142||$254||$338||$20||$102||$856||$71|
|Equator Ext Cab 2WD||$294||$466||$392||$24||$118||$1,294||$108|
|Equator Ext Cab 2WD||$210||$388||$404||$24||$122||$1,148||$96|
|Equator Ext Cab 4WD||$200||$382||$314||$18||$94||$1,008||$84|
|Equator Crew Cab 4WD||$156||$284||$306||$18||$92||$856||$71|
|Equator Crew Cab 4WD||$180||$356||$404||$24||$122||$1,086||$91|
|Equator Crew Cab 4WD||$184||$290||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in your specific Phoenix location which can alter insurance rates greatly.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Phoenix
The chart below shows the comparison of Suzuki Equator auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Suzuki Equator settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing in excess of $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to a policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions can help discover if you may require specific advice.
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Some consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Phoenix, get answers to these questions.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Arizona?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Phoenix?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Phoenix?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from local Phoenix agents, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Agents in Phoenix can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can handle car insurance, but it is a good idea to know how they differ since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Phoenix who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Christine Yap
9303 N 7th St Ste 5 – Phoenix, AZ 85020 – (602) 371-0581 – View Map
- Lupita Fernandez – State Farm Insurance Agent
2610 W Baseline Rd Ste 116 – Phoenix, AZ 85041 – (602) 633-2088 – View Map
- Chuck Kelly – State Farm Insurance Agent
314 E Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85012 – (602) 277-5776 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they can write business with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Phoenix who can help you get price quote information.
- Citywide Insurance
1529 W Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (602) 241-9200 – View Map
- General Southwest Insurance Agency
5628 E Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85018 – (480) 990-1900 – View Map
- LA Insurance Agency
7602 S Central Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85042 – (602) 276-0002 – View Map
Once you have good responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles.
One last thing to lower rates
Some companies do not provide price quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agents. Lower-priced Suzuki Equator insurance in Phoenix can be found both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to reduce Suzuki Equator insurance car insurance rates online in Phoenix. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Phoenix car insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)