No car owner loves paying for insurance, especially knowing the cost is too high.
A recent study showed that a large majority of consumers have been with the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. American drivers can cut their rates by roughly $850 a year, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
With so many insurance companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a Mercury Sable in Phoenix, it’s nearly impossible to find a lower cost insurance company.
Finding and buying affordable auto insurance in Phoenix is not as difficult as people think. In a nutshell, every person who is required to buy auto insurance stands a good chance to get a lower-priced policy. But Arizona drivers benefit from understanding the way insurance companies determine what you pay because it can help you find the best coverage.
Insurance policy discounts for Mercury Sable insurance in Phoenix
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Memberships – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on the same insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- E-sign – A few larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy digitally online.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- Esurance offers discounts including anti-theft, emergency road assistance, online shopper, multi-car, Pac-12 alumni, and safety device.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including air bag, good student, driver training, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
- AAA discounts include good student, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-car, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may have discounts that include federal employee, membership and employees, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, good student, and military active duty.
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, good driver, student away at school, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
If you want affordable Mercury Sable insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not apply in your area.
The best way to get policy rate comparisons for Mercury Sable insurance in Phoenix is to realize most of the bigger providers have advanced systems to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details including an estimate of your credit level, how you use your vehicles, if you have a valid license, and how much you drive. That information is submitted instantly to insurance companies and they return rate quotes within a short period of time.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing your policy, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Mercury Sable?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local insurance agents is definitely important in Phoenix.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents in Phoenix can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. When comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following are independent agents in Phoenix that may be able to provide price quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Phoenix who can help you get comparison quotes.
Severiano Torres III – State Farm Insurance Agent
1820 N 75th Ave #106 – Phoenix, AZ 85035 – (623) 846-0240 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Does their agency support local causes in Phoenix?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Phoenix?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Phoenix, insurance is required in Arizona but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Mercury Sable, almost every bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Mercury at an extremely high rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $700 annually so shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to other people or property. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 15/30/10 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things such as bail bonds, emergency aid, medical services, attorney fees and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Arizona requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses like pain medications, chiropractic care, rehabilitation expenses and surgery. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage covers damage to your Sable resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car, scraping a guard rail and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible on your Sable to save money on collision insurance.
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like a broken windshield, hitting a bird, hitting a deer and vandalism. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Mercury Sable.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/10 in Arizona), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Usually these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Quote. Compare. Save.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as high prices, unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation or being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is less work than it seems.
You just learned many ideas to compare Mercury Sable insurance premium rates in Phoenix. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)