Would you like to stop overpaying and find more competitive car insurance rates in Phoenix, AZ? Phoenix shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for affordable Hyundai Tucson insurance. They can either spend hours driving around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your Hyundai and locate the lowest price.
It’s a good habit to compare rates yearly because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Hyundai Tucson insurance in Phoenix on your last policy you can probably find a better rate quote now. There is a lot of bad information regarding Tucson insurance out there, but I’m going to show you a bunch of ideas how to find affordable car insurance in Phoenix.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tucson GLS 2WD||$224||$394||$404||$24||$122||$1,168||$97|
|Tucson GLS 4WD||$258||$382||$300||$18||$90||$1,048||$87|
|Tucson Limited 2WD||$140||$282||$362||$22||$108||$914||$76|
|Tucson Limited 4WD||$184||$362||$362||$22||$108||$1,038||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in zip code location which can change auto insurance rates significantly.
Age-based auto insurance rates by gender in Phoenix
The illustration below shows the difference between Hyundai Tucson insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The illustration below illustrates how violations and at-fault collisions raise Hyundai Tucson insurance rates for different age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can impact Hyundai Tucson insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Do you qualify for these eight discounts?
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before being credited. If you do not double check each discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current Tucson insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Club Memberships – Being in certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for auto insurance.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should help lower the amount you pay for coverage.
Companies and their possible discounts are:
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, driver’s education, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, accident-free, good student, claim-free, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for renewal discount, driver training, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, safe driver, and 55 and retired.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, air bags, defensive driver, driver training, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, safe driver, and drive less.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in Phoenix. To see insurance companies with the best Hyundai Tucson insurance discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Phoenix auto insurance agent
Some people still like to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
If you need to find a local insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they function. Car insurance policy providers may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them since it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are Phoenix exclusive agents who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Chris Bolton – State Farm Insurance Agent
1630 N 7th St – Phoenix, AZ 85006 – (602) 252-1330 – View Map
- Lynn Buss – State Farm Insurance Agent
4022 E Broadway Rd #106 – Phoenix, AZ 85040 – (602) 454-8570 – View Map
- Mattie Taylor – State Farm Insurance Agent
4225 W Bell Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85053 – (602) 938-4491 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent. If you need lower rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. Most can insure with small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
The following are Phoenix independent agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Independent Insurance Agents
333 E Flower St – Phoenix, AZ 85012 – (602) 956-1851 – View Map
- Best Buy Insurance
3917 S Central Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85040 – (602) 268-2548 – View Map
- Horizon Insurance Group
2880 E Northern Ave #100 – Phoenix, AZ 85028 – (602) 992-9750 – View Map
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- What is glass protection for?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- What if I total my Hyundai Tucson and owe more than it’s worth?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Car insurance savings promises
Consumers in Arizona can’t escape the ads that promise big savings for switching from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. They all state the claim that you’ll save big if you change your coverage.
How does every company give you a lower rate on Hyundai Tucson insurance in Phoenix? It’s all in the words they use.
All companies quote the lowest rates for the right customer they prefer to insure. A good example of a profitable customer might be a female over age 40, carries full coverage, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any person who matches those parameters may get the lowest rates in Phoenix and have a good chance to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who fall outside these stringent criteria will probably be forced to pay higher premiums which results in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick is to say “people that switch” not “all people who quote” save that much money. That is how companies can claim big savings. Because each company has a different risk profile, you really need to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest rate quotes.
Auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage – This pays for damage to your Tucson from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Tucson to bring the cost down.
Medical expense insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as surgery, hospital visits and doctor visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Hyundai Tucson.
Since many Arizona drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Liability – This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 15/30/10 which stand for $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like structural damage, loss of income, emergency aid, medical expenses and medical services. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Arizona requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but you should consider buying higher limits.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage, hitting a bird, theft and hitting a deer. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Compare but don’t skimp
There are still a few companies who may not offer rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced auto insurance in Phoenix can be sourced both online and with local Phoenix insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We’ve covered many ways to find cheap Hyundai Tucson insurance in Phoenix. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Hyundai Tucson insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much are Phoenix Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)