How many times have you said it’s time to compare more affordable Honda CR-V insurance in Phoenix? Locating low-cost insurance for a Honda CR-V in Arizona can normally be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to find lower rates.
There is a better way to find insurance online so you’re going to learn the best way to compare rates for a Honda and get the cheapest rates from Phoenix insurance agents and online providers.
Finding and buying the lowest cost coverage in Phoenix is not as hard as you may think. If you have insurance now or need new coverage, you can use these techniques to lower your rates while maintaining coverages. Smart shoppers only need to know the most efficient way to shop their coverage around from multiple carriers.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Arizona. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$224||$382||$254||$16||$76||$952||$79|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$174||$330||$288||$18||$86||$896||$75|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$194||$376||$288||$18||$86||$962||$80|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$200||$330||$288||$18||$86||$922||$77|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$158||$248||$344||$20||$102||$872||$73|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$140||$232||$308||$18||$92||$790||$66|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise premium rates substantially.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates in Phoenix
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can drive up Honda CR-V annual premium costs for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can affect Honda CR-V premium costs for each different age group. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Gender differences in auto insurance premiums
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Honda CR-V insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Earn discounts on Phoenix auto insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t list every available discount very well, so below is a list a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Phoenix car insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Phoenix car insurance but check with your company.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Phoenix car insurance quote.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers can get a small discount on rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper CR-V insurance.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Phoenix can get you a discount because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, safe vehicle, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, driver’s education, and defensive driving training.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, TimeAway discount, air bags, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and early bird.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and emergency military deployment.
- 21st Century may include discounts for early bird, anti-lock brakes, air bags, student driver, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
If you need cheaper Phoenix car insurance quotes, ask every company the best way to save money. Some credits may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To see a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Arizona, follow this link.
Buy Honda CR-V Insurance Cheaper
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Put fewer miles on your vehicle – Driving more miles every year the higher your rate. Almost all companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Autos not used for work or commuting cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated CR-V can result in significantly higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage.
Save money with higher comp and collision deductibles – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Your address can push rates up or down – Being located in a small town has it’s advantages when talking about auto insurance. City drivers tend to have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Type of car, truck or SUV determines base rates – The performance level of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The most favorable rates are usually found on low performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Because the Honda CR-V is classified as a standard SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more as compared to the average rate in Phoenix.
Females tend to be lower risk – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males have fender benders in similar percentages, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Young men ages 16 to 20 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
Multiple policies with one company – Many companies will give better rates for people that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to compare other Phoenix CR-V insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still save even more by buying auto insurance from a different company.
Honda CR-V insurance loss probability – Insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher losses will be charged more to insure. The table below outlines the loss history for Honda CR-V vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Numbers under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Honda CR-V Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda CR-V 4dr 2WD||68||81||58||93||86||77|
|Honda CR-V 4dr 4WD||69||82||69||90||87||78|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to contact an insurance agent
Many people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Phoenix.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is emailed to companies in Phoenix who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
When narrowing the list to find a local Phoenix insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in Phoenix are either independent or exclusive. Either type can do a good job, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you check rates from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Phoenix who may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
- UNO Insurance Agency
3510 E Bell Rd # 2 – Phoenix, AZ 85032 – (602) 493-2300 – View Map
- MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC
10851 N Black Canyon Hwy #200 – Phoenix, AZ 85029 – (800) 528-1056 – View Map
- Best Buy Insurance
3917 S Central Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85040 – (602) 268-2548 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mostly because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Phoenix willing to provide rate quotes.
- Jerry Wood – State Farm Insurance Agent
3738 E Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85018 – (602) 955-3284 – View Map
- Marcella Busto – State Farm® Insurance Agent
3401 N 32nd St B – Phoenix, AZ 85018 – (602) 955-5450 – View Map
- Severiano Torres III – State Farm Insurance Agent
1820 N 75th Ave #106 – Phoenix, AZ 85035 – (623) 846-0240 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Phoenix?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
What is the best insurance coverage?
When buying coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you and your insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my Honda CR-V covered for smoke damage?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- What are good deductibles for a Honda CR-V?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Ads can be misleading
Arizona consumers can’t get away from all the ads that promise big savings from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to make the point of big savings if you change your coverage.
How does each company offer drivers better rates? Here is the trick they use.
All companies have strict underwriting profiles for the right customer that earns them the most money. A good example of a desirable insured might have to be a married female, has no prior claims, and chooses high deductibles. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred rates in Phoenix as well as save when they switch companies.
Drivers who don’t meet those criteria may be forced to pay higher rates which leads to the customer buying from a different company. The trick companies use is to say “customers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save the amount stated. This is how insurance companies can advertise the savings.
This really emphasizes why it is so important to compare as many free Phoenix car insurance quotes as you can. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which company will have the lowest Honda CR-V insurance in Phoenix.
You can find affordable coverage
You just learned many tips how you can compare Honda CR-V insurance auto insurance rates in Phoenix. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
When getting Phoenix car insurance quotes online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone dropped collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)