Want to know an easy way to compare more affordable GMC Acadia insurance in Phoenix? No one fancies paying their premiums for insurance, especially knowing the prices are way too high.
Shocking but true, nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Phoenix drivers could pocket almost $733 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they switched. There are many auto insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, more options can take longer to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes before your policy renews since prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on GMC Acadia insurance in Phoenix a year ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because it’s time to teach you the right way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Arizona. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$142||$254||$338||$20||$102||$856||$71|
|Acadia SL AWD||$162||$254||$338||$20||$102||$876||$73|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$264||$320||$392||$24||$118||$1,118||$93|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$188||$314||$300||$18||$90||$910||$76|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$124||$252||$338||$20||$102||$836||$70|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$262||$390||$300||$18||$90||$1,060||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can revise auto insurance rates substantially.
Should you buy full coverage?
The example below visualizes the comparison of GMC Acadia car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no exact formula of when to eliminate full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your GMC Acadia settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Get cheaper GMC Acadia insurance in Phoenix with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every discount available very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on auto insurance.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get lower premium rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance and place coverage with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive GMC Acadia insurance in Phoenix.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better prices if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with several vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who are attending college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will reduce the premium cost.
A list of companies and their offered discounts include:
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for driver training, bundle, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include accident-free, low natural disaster claims, good student, anti-theft, multi-car, location of vehicle, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, air bags, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- AAA has savings for education and occupation, pay-in-full, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and good driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
If you want low cost Phoenix auto insurance quotes, ask every company how you can save money. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in Phoenix. To locate insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Many different elements are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – Many insurance companies provide a discount for people that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a chance you can save more without the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – Driving a lot of miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Improper usage on your Acadia is just wasting money. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance coverage properly reflects the right rating data, because it can save money.
- Discounts for alarms and GPS tracking – Buying a car with an alarm system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop car theft.
- Traffic violations will cost you – Having just one chargeable violation can increase rates substantially. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. People who have severe citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- City dwellers may pay more – Having an address in less populated areas is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. People in densely populated areas have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Driver age impacts prices – Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- Single vs. married – Your spouse helps lower the price on your policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- GMC Acadia historical loss data – Companies analyze historical claim data to help calculate premium prices. Models that are shown to have higher loss trends will cost more for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for GMC Acadia vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
GMC Acadia Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific GMC Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Acadia 4dr 2WD 75 86 73 71 69 80 GMC Acadia 4dr 4WD 83 100 88 62 63 80
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance agents can help
Many drivers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Phoenix who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurance company requires you to look at more than just a low price. Any agent in Phoenix should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Phoenix agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are Phoenix exclusive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Eric Hamilton – State Farm Insurance Agent
10265 W Camelback Rd #120 – Phoenix, AZ 85037 – (623) 848-3048 – View Map
Jim Nork – State Farm Insurance Agent
1600 W Camelback Rd #1a – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (602) 222-9400 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to include at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Phoenix that are able to give comparison quotes.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Cheap car insurance rates are possible
Discount GMC Acadia insurance in Phoenix is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can get a better price on GMC Acadia insurance in Phoenix. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable GMC Acadia insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read in the articles below:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)