Trying to find better insurance prices for a new or used Ford Ranger in Arizona can be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips and make it easy. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance rates and you need to know the quickest way to get price quotes for a Ford and locate the lowest possible price.
If you have insurance now or just want a better rate, use these cost-cutting techniques to get lower rates without reducing protection. Shopping for the lowest-priced car insurance coverage in Phoenix is not as difficult as people think. You only need to know the least time-consuming way to compare different rates using one simple form.
Cheap Ford insurance prices in Phoenix
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ranger XL 2WD||$148||$314||$314||$18||$94||$888||$74|
|Ranger XL SuperCab 2WD||$156||$266||$282||$16||$84||$804||$67|
|Ranger XLT 2WD||$230||$320||$392||$24||$118||$1,084||$90|
|Ranger XL 2WD||$176||$326||$288||$18||$86||$894||$75|
|Ranger XL SuperCab 4WD||$194||$394||$338||$20||$102||$1,048||$87|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD||$220||$536||$362||$22||$108||$1,248||$104|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 2WD||$230||$390||$392||$24||$118||$1,154||$96|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 4WD||$142||$308||$338||$20||$102||$910||$76|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 4WD||$160||$308||$306||$18||$92||$884||$74|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 2WD||$108||$240||$338||$20||$102||$808||$67|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD||$122||$282||$362||$22||$108||$896||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify premiums significantly.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The diagram below shows the comparison of Ford Ranger insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Cheap Phoenix auto insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but some must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Ford could earn substantially lower prices.
- Onboard Data Collection – Phoenix drivers who agree to allow data collection to monitor driving manner by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new Ranger can get you a discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Phoenix auto insurance quote as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer most of these discounts include:
If you want affordable Phoenix auto insurance quotes, ask each company the best way to save money. Savings might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
Do I need an insurance agent?
A small number of people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that provide free Phoenix auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Phoenix?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Phoenix agents are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Phoenix willing to provide rate quotes.
- Chuck Kelly – State Farm Insurance Agent
314 E Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85012 – (602) 277-5776 – View Map
- Nichole Schaffer – State Farm Insurance Agent
2612 N 7th St – Phoenix, AZ 85006 – (602) 439-7000 – View Map
- Arly Sanchez – State Farm Insurance Agent
1625 N 51st Ave Ste 103 – Phoenix, AZ 85035 – (602) 455-2886 – View Map
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you compare quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Phoenix willing to provide rate quotes.
- Citywide Insurance
1529 W Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (602) 241-9200 – View Map
- General Southwest Insurance Agency
5628 E Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85018 – (480) 990-1900 – View Map
- Independent Insurance Agents
333 E Flower St – Phoenix, AZ 85012 – (602) 956-1851 – View Map
Ads can be misleading
Consumers in Arizona get pounded daily by advertisements for the lowest price insurance by State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all advertise the message that you can save just by switching to them.
How does each company say the same thing? It’s all in how they say it.
Companies have specific criteria for the type of insured that will generate a profit. For example, a profitable insured could be a married male, carries high limits, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured who matches that profile will probably get the lowest prices and is almost guaranteed to cut their Ford Ranger insurance rates if they switch.
Insureds who do not fit these stringent criteria may be required to pay higher premiums and ends up with the prospect going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say “drivers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” will save that much if they switch. That is how companies can lure you into getting a quote. This really emphasizes why you need to get a wide range of price quotes. It is impossible to predict which company will have the lowest Ford Ranger insurance in Phoenix.
Auto insurance savings summarized
Low-cost Ford Ranger insurance in Phoenix can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies may not offer online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent agencies.
When searching for inexpensive Phoenix auto insurance quotes, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be easier than you think.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- How Much is Phoenix Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much are Phoenix Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)