Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for more affordable Lexus SC 430 insurance in Phoenix? No one in their right mind anticipates paying for auto insurance, especially knowing the cost is too high.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of auto insurance customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in Arizona could save 50% each year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate how much they could save if they changed companies.
You have so many insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, it can be more difficult to get the best deal for Lexus SC 430 insurance in Phoenix.
Smart consumers take time to price shop coverage every six months since insurance prices change quite often. Just because you had the best price on Lexus SC 430 insurance in Phoenix two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in one of the easiest ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Our goal in writing this article familiarize you with how to compare rates easily and some tricks to saving. If you have auto insurance now, you will be able to save money using the techniques covered below. But Arizona drivers do need to learn how insurance companies sell online and apply this information to your search.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to big savings. Many factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but others are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
- Drivers with excellent credit save on car insurance – Having a bad credit history will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit rating is low, you could save money insuring your Lexus SC 430 by taking the time to improve your credit score. People with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with bad credit.
- Defend yourself with liability – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Save by driving vehicles with better crash test results – Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates. If the Lexus SC 430 earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- High performance equals high premiums – The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Since the Lexus SC 430 is a luxury sports car, insurance will be up to twice as much when compared to the average rates in Phoenix. Smaller low performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Alarm systems lowers premiums – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent vehicle theft.
- Experienced drivers pay less – Beginning drivers in Arizona tend to be less responsible with other occupants in the car and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit.
All major auto insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive make it easy to get coverage price quotes direct online. Comparing prices online for Lexus SC 430 insurance in Phoenix doesn’t take much effort as you simply enter your coverage information into a form. Once you submit the form, their system orders your driving record and credit report and quotes a price based on these factors. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to get many rate quotes in order to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
In order to compare pricing, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Arizona. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SC 430 2-Dr Convertible||$290||$594||$344||$20||$102||$1,350||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact auto insurance rates significantly.
How high should deductibles be?
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can increase or decrease Lexus SC 430 annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates in Phoenix
The chart below shows how violations and fender-benders can drive up Lexus SC 430 auto insurance costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The example below visualizes the comparison of Lexus SC 430 premium costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance ads are enticing
Companies like Allstate and Progressive continually stream television, radio, and online ads. They all seem to have a common claim that drivers will save a bundle just by moving your coverage to them. How do they all make almost identical claims? It’s all in the words they use.
Companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that will not have excessive claims. An example of this type of driver may need to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has few claims, and has great credit. Any person that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest premium rates in Phoenix and therefore will save when switching.
Drivers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile may receive higher prices which results in the customer buying from someone else. The ads say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” will save that much if they switch. That is how companies can advertise the way they do.
Because of these techniques, drivers should quote coverage with many companies. It’s just too difficult to predict with any certainty which company will have the best premium rates at this point in time.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Even though Phoenix SC 430 insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your SC 430 has a lien holder, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Lexus at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, auto insurance protects both your assets and your Lexus SC 430. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Get lower-cost Lexus SC 430 insurance in Phoenix with discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there may be some discounts to help bring down the price. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for slightly better prices than normal.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total SC 430 insurance premium.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies reward drivers for signing up early. You may see this discount when you get Phoenix car insurance quotes online.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will cut the amount you pay for coverage.
To find insurance companies that offer discounts in Phoenix, click this link.
Buying auto insurance from Phoenix auto insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower premium rates and also buy local. Buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in Phoenix.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Phoenix who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurance company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is there a local claims center in Phoenix?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
Cheaper auto insurance rates are out there
We covered a lot of tips how to compare Lexus SC 430 insurance rates in Phoenix. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When you buy Phoenix car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)