Pretty sure you bought an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because many Phoenix consumers are in the same pinch.
A recent survey discovered that most drivers in Arizona have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Most drivers in America could save as much as 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find cheaper auto insurance rates. Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually bombard you with advertising and it can be hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have a current insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Buying affordable insurance in Phoenix is really not that difficult. Shoppers just need to know the quickest method to shop their coverage around from multiple carriers.
Low-cost companies for Lexus GS 200t insurance in Arizona
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Arizona. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Lexus may allow you to get better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your bill.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain auto insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less as compared to bad drivers.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your policy premiums.
If you would like to view auto insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Phoenix, click here to view.
Five Tips to Get More Affordable Phoenix Insurance Rates
Many different elements are considered when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although others are not as apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are some of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
High credit scores save money – Having a bad credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Lexus GS 200t if you clean up your credit. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
Older drivers pay less – Youthful drivers in Arizona are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
Rural areas have lower costs – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers tend to have more auto accidents and more severe claims. Spending more time driving means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Getting just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Do you know your coverage deductibles? – Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your Lexus. Some coverage claims could be collision with another vehicle, hitting a deer, and having your car stolen. The deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Phoenix insurance agent
Some people just want to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting small agencies is definitely important in Phoenix.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is sent to participating agents in Phoenix that can give you free Phoenix car insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can handle insurance, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always include independent agents to get the best comparison.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Phoenix that can give you free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Phoenix that can give you price quote information.
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Phoenix, get answers to these questions.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How many years have they been established?
- How are they compensated?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
Upon getting satisfactory answers to any questions you have and a low price estimate, you may have found an insurance agency that can be trusted to properly service your insurance policy. Just be aware that you can always cancel a policy whenever you choose to so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to any specific company with no way out.
One last thing about your coverage
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can compare Lexus GS 200t insurance auto insurance rates in Phoenix. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Regional companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Phoenix is available both online in addition to many Phoenix insurance agents, so you need to quote Phoenix car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and many times these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional car insurance information is located on the following sites:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- How Much are Phoenix Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Phoenix, Arizona? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Phoenix Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)