Looking for the cheapest Honda HR-V insurance in Phoenix? Searching for cheaper insurance for a Honda HR-V in Arizona can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the best way to quote coverages for a new or used Honda and get the cheapest rates either online or from Phoenix insurance agents.
Smart consumers take time to quote other rates before your next renewal because auto insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best deal on Honda HR-V insurance in Phoenix a couple years back you may be paying too much now. There is lot of inaccurate information about HR-V insurance online, but in this article, you’re going to get some guaranteed methods to lower your auto insurance bill.
If you have a current car insurance policy or just want a better rate, you can follow these tips to find the best rates and possibly find even better coverage. Quoting and comparing more affordable protection in Phoenix is easy to do. Drivers just need to learn the quickest way to quote multiple rates online.
Affordable companies for Honda HR-V insurance in Arizona
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Arizona. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Many factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into your prices.
Bad drivers pay high premiums – Being a careful driver has a big impact on rates. Drivers with clean records get better prices compared to bad drivers. Just one citation can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Drivers who get license-revoking violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to keep their license.
High coverage deductibles equal low rates – Physical damage deductibles define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for insurance.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents lower premiums – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop your car from being stolen.
Extra coverages can cost a lot – Policies have extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed when buying insurance. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, towing, and membership fees may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
Affordable Phoenix car insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a driver safety class could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Phoenix auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and GEICO permit an accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts should definitely cut your policy premiums.
The best car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for air bag, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, bundle, and defensive driver.
- American Family includes discounts for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, accident-free, early bird, and good driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers has discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, driver training, early quote, IntelliDrive, payment discounts, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for switch companies, distant student, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, and early shopping.
- USAA offers discounts for vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, driver training, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including good student, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, multi-car, new vehicle discount, and safety features.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Phoenix. For a list of providers with the best discounts in Phoenix, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Phoenix auto insurance agents?
Certain consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Phoenix who can give free rate quotes to get your business. There is no reason to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Phoenix?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
When finding a local Phoenix insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both do a good job, but we need to point out how they differ since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often use the same agent mostly because of the brand name rather than low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Phoenix who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Martha Bueti – State Farm Insurance Agent
3540 E Baseline Rd #115 – Phoenix, AZ 85042 – (602) 243-9209 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Christine Yap
9303 N 7th St Ste 5 – Phoenix, AZ 85020 – (602) 371-0581 – View Map
- Douglas Cheung – State Farm Insurance Agent
2600 N 44th St #110 – Phoenix, AZ 85008 – (602) 840-6655 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Phoenix who can help you get price quote information.
- Rodriguez Insurance
5720 N 27th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85017 – (602) 242-5303 – View Map
- MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC
10851 N Black Canyon Hwy #200 – Phoenix, AZ 85029 – (800) 528-1056 – View Map
- Horizon Insurance Group
2880 E Northern Ave #100 – Phoenix, AZ 85028 – (602) 992-9750 – View Map
Insurance myths debunked
Consumers in Arizona can’t avoid all the ads that claim the lowest rates by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to make the promise that drivers will save a bundle if you switch your policy.
How does every company charge you a lower premium? It’s all in the words they use.
Insurance providers give the cheapest rates for the type of driver that will be a good risk. An example of a desirable insured could be over the age of 35, has no driving citations, and has great credit. Someone that fits those parameters receive the lowest rate quotes in Phoenix and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will get higher premiums and ends up with the customer not purchasing. The trick is to say “people who switch” not “all people who quote” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make it sound like they have such great rates. Each company has different criteria, so you need to do a rate comparison at every renewal. It is impossible to guess with any certainty which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Frequent quotes can save
We just presented a lot of information how to find affordable Honda HR-V insurance in Phoenix. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Phoenix auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers and even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cheaper Honda HR-V insurance in Phoenix is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Phoenix, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)