Price shopping your Audi Q5 insurance in Phoenix can be quite difficult for drivers who are new to shopping for insurance online. There are so many options that it can quickly become hard work to find more affordable prices in Arizona.
It’s astonishing, but most consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in Arizona can cut their rates by about $700 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates and save money.
These discounts can cut Audi Q5 insurance rates
Companies don’t always list every discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a defensive driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the web.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with a few insurance companies.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current Q5 insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Q5 insurance in Phoenix.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, good student, and accident-free.
- GEICO includes discounts for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, air bags, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, safety features, exclusive group savings, and teen driver discount.
- The Hartford discounts include defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, good student, and bundle.
- MetLife may include discounts for multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company how you can save money. Savings may not apply to policies in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Phoenix, click this link.
The most recommended method to compare policy rates for Audi Q5 insurance in Phoenix takes advantage of the fact car insurance companies provide online access to give rate comparisons. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a little information including if a SR-22 is needed, the year, make and model of vehicles, how much school you completed, and whether you are married. Those rating factors gets sent immediately to insurance companies and you get price estimates almost instantly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Q5 3.2 Premium AWD||$224||$524||$282||$16||$84||$1,130||$94|
|Q5 3.2 Premium Plus AWD||$164||$306||$308||$18||$92||$888||$74|
|Q5 3.2 Premium Plus S-Line AWD||$224||$440||$282||$16||$84||$1,046||$87|
|Q5 3.2 Prestige AWD||$292||$600||$300||$18||$90||$1,300||$108|
|Q5 3.2 Prestige S-Line AWD||$184||$410||$288||$18||$86||$986||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in Phoenix location which can revise auto insurance rates greatly.
Auto insurance deductibles
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can affect Audi Q5 insurance costs for each different age group. The data is based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Gender-based auto insurance premiums in Phoenix
The example below shows the comparison of Audi Q5 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Reckless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can drive up Audi Q5 insurance rates for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although others are less obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that help calculate insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
Don’t cut corners with liability insurance – Liability insurance will provide protection if you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Men pay higher prices – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Men and women have fender benders at a similar rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Save money by having multiple policies – Some insurance companies will award better rates to policyholders who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. Drivers may still save even more than the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
Do you really need roadside assistance? – Policies have optional add-on coverages you can purchase when buying insurance. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
Your spouse saves you money – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates when shopping for insurance. It is viewed as being more mature and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
Insurance rates in urban areas – Residing in less populated areas may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. City drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
Pay more out-of-pocket – Your deductibles define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Audi Q5 insurance claim data – Companies analyze the history of losses in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Audi Q5 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Audi Q5 Vehicles
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi Q5 4dr 4WD||143||96||110||61||55||78|
|Audi Q5 Hybrid 4dr 4WD||156||165|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Will just any policy work for me?
When selecting proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Will my Audi Q5 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- What is an umbrella policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
You may need advice from an agent
Certain consumers just want to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about comparing car insurance online is you can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Phoenix.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
When searching for an insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures to choose from. Agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Phoenix that may be able to give you free price quotes.
- Travelers Insurance
22601 N 19th Ave #216 – Phoenix, AZ 85027 – (623) 572-0032 – View Map
- Fasula Kaplan Insurance Agency
11022 N 28th Dr Suite 125 – Phoenix, AZ 85029 – (602) 564-0880 – View Map
- Farmer-Leavitt Insurance Agency
919 N 1st St – Phoenix, AZ 85004 – (602) 264-0566 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers often use the same agent partially due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Phoenix willing to provide price quotes.
- Arly Sanchez – State Farm Insurance Agent
1625 N 51st Ave Ste 103 – Phoenix, AZ 85035 – (602) 455-2886 – View Map
- Andra Jeffress – State Farm Insurance Agent
1704 W Bethany Home Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (602) 249-1037 – View Map
- Bob Schneider – State Farm Insurance Agent
243 W Portland St – Phoenix, AZ 85003 – (602) 277-2687 – View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Does their agency support local causes in Phoenix?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Upon receiving good responses as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that it’s your coverage and you can terminate your policy whenever you wish so never assume that you are obligated to any specific agency with no way to switch.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi Q5 in Phoenix, buying car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Audi, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Q5 are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
More effort can pay off
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers and delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
When getting Phoenix auto insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on Audi Q5 insurance in Phoenix. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Journey in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)