Do you want to learn to get more competitive Fiat 500 insurance in Phoenix? Are you tired of not being able to scrape enough together to pay car insurance each month? You’re in the same situation as millions of other people.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, most drivers in Arizona kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in America can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t want to compare other rate quotes.
Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate continually bombard you with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to avoid their marketing magic and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you have insurance now, you will be able to cut your premiums using the tips covered below. Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Phoenix is not rocket science. Although Arizona car owners do need to learn the way companies price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Companies offering Fiat 500 insurance in Arizona
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Phoenix, AZ. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on 500 insurance in Phoenix.
- E-sign – Certain insurance companies may give you up to $50 shop Phoenix auto insurance on their website.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best insurance rates when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a small decrease in premiums.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-policy, military active duty, anti-theft, federal employee, and defensive driver.
- Travelers has savings for early quote, hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, payment discounts, and student away at school.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, 55 and retired, safe driver, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for safety features, new move discount, multi-car, exclusive group savings, multi-policy, new graduate, and teen driver discount.
- American Family includes discounts for mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, defensive driver, good student, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits might not apply everywhere. To find companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Arizona, click here.
Find Fiat 500 Insurance More Affordably
Many different elements are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although others are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. When buying insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower rates.
The factors shown below are some of the things used by companies to determine prices.
Your gender affects rates – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Men and women cause accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. They also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Youthful male drivers cause the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
Never let your policy expire – Driving without insurance coverage in place is against the law and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in fines or a revoked license. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Arizona DMV.
Alarm systems save money – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder auto theft.
Save by driving safer cars – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums. If the Fiat 500 is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
Do you have a demanding vocation? – Occupational choices like doctors, police officers, and dentists usually pay higher rates than average attributed to job stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, professions such as actors, historians and performers pay lower than average rates.
Save money by having responsible credit – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with bad credit. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Fiat 500 by repairing your credit.
Liability insurance – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if ever you are found liable for an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Fiat 500 insurance loss probability – Insurers use past insurance losses as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Fiat 500 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Fiat 500 Models
|Specific Fiat Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Fiat 500 Convertible||76||79||60||85|
|Fiat 500 Electric||73||59||76||60|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation may require specific advice.
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Compare rates but work with a local Phoenix insurance agency
Some people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and also buy local. Buying from local agencies is important especially in Phoenix.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that provide free Phoenix auto insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
When finding a local agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a small list of independent agencies in Phoenix that can give you price quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Phoenix that can give you rate quotes.
Selecting a insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Does their agency support local causes in Phoenix?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Once you have answers to your satisfaction and a low price estimate, you may have just found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide car insurance. Just remember you have the power to cancel your coverage whenever you want so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with any particular company for the entire policy term.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund or denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
We’ve covered many ideas to lower your Fiat 500 insurance premium rates in Phoenix. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Phoenix auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Phoenix can be sourced on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers work with independent insurance agents.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Phoenix Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)