Shopping for lower-cost Phoenix Scion tC insurance quotes online can be intimidating for people new to comparison shopping online. With so many agents and insurance companies available, how can people be able to compare every company in order to find better auto insurance prices?
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, over 70% of Arizona drivers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. The average driver in the United States can cut their rates by almost 47% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Consumers should take time to shop coverage around before your policy renews because prices change frequently. Just because you found the lowest quotes on Scion tC insurance in Phoenix a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to learn how to quote online to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Comparison shopping for cheaper auto insurance policy in Phoenix is actually quite simple. In a nutshell, each driver who requires lower cost auto insurance stands a good chance to be able to find better rates. Although Arizona car owners must comprehend how big insurance companies calculate your auto insurance rates and use this information to your advantage.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Lots of things are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although others are more transparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Don’t buy extra policy coverages that may not be needed – Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that can waste your money on your insurance policy. Coverages like coverage for rental cars, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance of the car or truck you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Because the Scion tC is classified as a micro-subcompact, rates will be slightly less when compared to the average rates in Phoenix. The lowest performance passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Liability protection risk factors in – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage when you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
Save money by raising coverage deductibles – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Save money with responsible credit – Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit history is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Scion tC by repairing your credit.
Discounts for married couples – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount when shopping for insurance. It translates into being more responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
Teenage vs. mature drivers – Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.
Loss statistics for a Scion tC – Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help determine the price you pay. Models that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for specific coverages.
The data below shows the insurance loss data for Scion tC vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Scion tC Vehicles
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to shop Scion tC insurance online
To find cheaper rates, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from many available insurance companies in Arizona. By far the easiest way to find affordable Scion tC insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. When price shopping your coverage, quoting more gives you a better chance of getting lower pricing.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TC 2-Dr Hatchback||$112||$284||$360||$22||$108||$886||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can influence prices greatly.
Scion tC insurance costs by age and gender
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Scion tC insurance prices for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Higher deductibles save money
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Scion tC premium costs for different age categories. The premiums assume a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Do you need full coverage?
The chart below examines Scion tC insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Scion tC settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Phoenix, buying insurance is required by state law in Arizona and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Scion for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your Scion tC. It will also pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Scion as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $825 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Determine discounts to get cheap Phoenix insurance rates
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure several vehicles on the same insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few insurance companies.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with slightly better prices than normal.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Resident Student – College-age children who are attending college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance on a new tC can cost up to 25% less since newer models have better safety ratings.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Car insurance companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some discounts may not be available in your area. To find insurers with the best Scion tC insurance discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Phoenix insurance agents?
Many people prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about comparing rates online is you can get cheaper rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local agents is important particularly in Phoenix.
Upon completion of this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Phoenix that can give you free Phoenix car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
The following are agents in Phoenix that are able to give price quotes for Scion tC insurance in Phoenix.
- Allstate Insurance: David Vasquez
4151 W Bethany Home Rd a – Phoenix, AZ 85019 – (602) 841-1421 – View Map
- Bob Schneider – State Farm Insurance Agent
243 W Portland St – Phoenix, AZ 85003 – (602) 277-2687 – View Map
- Best Buy Insurance
3917 S Central Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85040 – (602) 268-2548 – View Map
- General Southwest Insurance Agency
5628 E Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85018 – (480) 990-1900 – View Map
Finding a good insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Phoenix?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Will my Scion tC be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Cheaper insurance premiums are out there
As you shop your coverage around, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
We’ve covered many ideas to reduce Scion tC insurance rates online in Phoenix. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices, high prices or even poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- How Much are Phoenix Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Phoenix Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)