Would you like to stop wasting money and find the cheapest Mazda 5 insurance in Phoenix? Online rate comparisons for cheap 5 insurance can be challenging if you are one of the many people who have never used online rate comparisons. But don’t be intimidated because finding affordable coverage for Mazda 5 insurance in Phoenix is easier than you think.
It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of car insurance customers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in Arizona being $1,578, drivers could cut their rates by almost $700 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to shop around.
If you’re already insured, you will be able to get lower rates using the following tips. This article will teach you how insurance works. But Arizona consumers must learn the way companies calculate their prices because it varies considerably.
The quickest method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Mazda 5 insurance in Phoenix is to know all the major auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give you rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as the year, make and model of vehicles, your job, how old drivers are, and daily mileage. That rating data is submitted instantly to multiple car insurance providers and they return quotes quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Mazda 5 now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|5 Sport Station Wagon||$174||$318||$240||$14||$72||$818||$68|
|5 Touring Station Wagon||$264||$390||$334||$20||$100||$1,108||$92|
|5 Grand Touring Station Wagon||$200||$382||$268||$16||$80||$946||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can influence rates substantially.
Policy deductible comparison
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Mazda 5 annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The information is based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Careless Phoenix drivers pay higher rates
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders can influence Mazda 5 auto insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Some providers don’t always publicize every discount available very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Phoenix car insurance online.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Phoenix can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could mean lower insurance rates.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on insurance.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, driver’s education, good driver, and student away at school.
- Esurance has discounts for multi-policy, Pac-12 alumni, defensive driver, online shopper, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for multi-policy, safety features, newly retired, preferred payment discount, and teen driver discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, company car, group or association, paid in full, air bags, safe vehicle, and teen driver.
- GEICO has savings for federal employee, air bags, membership and employees, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
Double check with all the companies the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Phoenix. To find companies that offer discounts in Phoenix, click here.
Local agents and auto insurance
A small number of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Phoenix.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Phoenix that give free quotes for your business. You never need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Two types of car insurance agents
If you want to use a local Phoenix insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they work. Auto insurance agencies can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand so they can write business with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent. When shopping rates, you definitely need to get quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to less well-known companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are Phoenix independent agencies who may provide competitive price quotes.
- American Premier Insurance Agency
16815 S Desert Foothills Pkwy #140 – Phoenix, AZ 85048 – (480) 423-3444 – View Map
- Farmer-Leavitt Insurance Agency
919 N 1st St – Phoenix, AZ 85004 – (602) 264-0566 – View Map
- UNO Insurance Agency
3510 E Bell Rd # 2 – Phoenix, AZ 85032 – (602) 493-2300 – View Map
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Phoenix willing to provide price quote information.
- Mattie Taylor – State Farm Insurance Agent
4225 W Bell Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85053 – (602) 938-4491 – View Map
- John Abercrombie III – State Farm Insurance Agent
7207 N 7th St – Phoenix, AZ 85020 – (602) 906-0299 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Jennifer Swenson
4731 N Central Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85012 – (602) 995-9334 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Phoenix?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but others are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you big savings.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- Advanced theft deterrents – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder auto theft.
- Bad credit hurts insurance prices – Having a bad credit history can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. If your credit is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Mazda 5 by improving your rating. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores.
- City dwellers may pay more – Being located in a small town is a positive aspect when buying auto insurance. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers in populated Arizona areas tend to have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Spending more time driving means more chance of being in an accident.
- Do women or men drive better? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. They both have auto accidents in similar numbers, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Single drivers take more risk – Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more responsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Mazda 5 claim probability – Insurers analyze historical claim data to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that historically have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates. The data below shows the historical loss data for Mazda 5 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Mazda 5 Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 5 86 86 73 103 95 91
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need 5 insurance in Arizona
Despite the potentially high cost of Mazda 5 insurance, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your 5, almost every bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Mazda at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for it.
Third, insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Mazda gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to save money.
Be persistent to save money
In this article, we covered many ideas to shop for Mazda 5 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Phoenix car insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheaper Mazda 5 insurance in Phoenix is attainable online and also from your neighborhood Phoenix agents, so get free Phoenix car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Business Use in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)