How long have you put off shopping around for more affordable Lexus HS 250h insurance in Phoenix? Scraping up a payment for expensive Lexus HS 250h insurance in Phoenix can eat up your savings account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Phoenix drivers could save roughly $700 a year, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy. Due to the large number of choices of insurance companies that have cheap insurance for a Lexus HS 250h in Phoenix, it can be challenging to find the lowest price insurance provider.
All the larger insurance companies give coverage prices on the web. The process is fairly straightforward because it’s just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. Once entered, their system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on the data you entered. Getting online quotes for Lexus HS 250h insurance in Phoenix makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get a lower rate.
To get comparison pricing now, check out the insurance providers below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input your coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will have rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Arizona. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|HS 250H 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$482||$332||$20||$100||$1,162||$97|
|HS 250H Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$632||$334||$20||$100||$1,456||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Phoenix which can change coverage prices noticeably.
Physical damage deductibles
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Lexus HS 250h insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Impact of age and gender on auto insurance rates
The example below illustrates the difference between Lexus HS 250h premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Affordable rates with these seven discounts
Some providers don’t always advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Phoenix auto insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your rates slightly.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having all your vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some insurance carriers give lower insurance rates if you buy a life policy as well.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
Popular insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, driver training, membership and employees, federal employee, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA includes discounts for safe driver, multi-policy, vehicle storage, military installation, and driver training.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, air bags, early bird, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance may offer discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, claim free, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for pay in full, business and professional, distant student, multi-car, homeowner, early shopping, and teen driver.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, student away at school, anti-theft, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
When quoting, ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Phoenix. To see a list of providers with the best Lexus HS 250h insurance discounts in Phoenix, follow this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers prefer to go talk to an agent and that is OK! Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is definitely important in Phoenix.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Phoenix who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Types of auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they work. Phoenix agents are categorized either exclusive or independent. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to get rate quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Phoenix that may be able to give you free price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
333 E Flower St – Phoenix, AZ 85012 – (602) 956-1851 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are exclusive agencies in Phoenix willing to provide rate quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Phoenix?
Once you have received good feedback for all questions you ask as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that can service your policy. Just understand that it’s your policy and you can terminate coverage at any point so never feel that you are obligated to the auto insurance policy for any length of time.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lexus at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves your Lexus and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Coverages available on your policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Arizona drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 15/30/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your HS 250h in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 15/30/10 which stand for a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims like repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Arizona state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but drivers should carry more coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses for surgery, dental work and nursing services. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as falling objects, damage from flooding and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your Lexus HS 250h insurance prices in Phoenix. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Phoenix auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
When getting Phoenix auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)