Looking for cheaper Land Rover Discovery insurance in Phoenix? Getting the lowest price Phoenix Land Rover Discovery insurance quotes on the web might appear somewhat intimidating for drivers new to comparison shopping on the internet. Since there are so many companies in the marketplace, how can Phoenix drivers have the ability to compare the different rates to find the lowest rates?
Shockingly, the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Arizona could save approximately $733 every year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t want to compare rates.
It is always a good idea to check car insurance prices quite often because insurance prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the best deal on Land Rover Discovery insurance in Phoenix two years ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the fastest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you have auto insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using this information. Pricing the best auto insurance in Phoenix is easy to do. Although Arizona vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies set your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
Shop Land Rover Discovery insurance online
All major auto insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage price quotes direct online. Getting online rates for Land Rover Discovery insurance in Phoenix is quite easy as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want into a form. After the form is submitted, the quote system obtains your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote determined by many factors.
Using the web to get price quotes for Land Rover Discovery insurance in Phoenix simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to find the lowest payment on auto insurance.
To compare pricing, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you will get a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Phoenix, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Discovery, almost all lenders will require that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Land Rover for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Land Rover and your personal assets. It will also cover medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Arizona overpays as much as $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower-cost Land Rover Discovery insurance in Phoenix
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every available discount very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Phoenix car insurance online.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less can qualify you for cheaper prices.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get better insurance rates.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Phoenix may earn a discount on your bill.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a lower premium rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Some of the insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts possibly include:
Before buying, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To find insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Arizona, click here.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Some people still like to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important especially in Phoenix.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer because prices are sent immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Best auto insurance agent in Phoenix
When researching a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents that you can choose from. Agents in Phoenix can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Phoenix who may be able to give you price quote information.
- Daniels Nicolson Insurance Agency, Inc
4411 N 19th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (800) 972-1893 – View Map
- UNO Insurance Agency
3510 E Bell Rd # 2 – Phoenix, AZ 85032 – (602) 493-2300 – View Map
- American Premier Insurance Agency
16815 S Desert Foothills Pkwy #140 – Phoenix, AZ 85048 – (480) 423-3444 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. They are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people use the same agent primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Shown below are Phoenix exclusive agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Mat Herseth
751 E Union Hills Dr #A9, Phoenix 85024 – 751 E Union Hills Dr #A9, AZ 85024 – (602) 788-6700 – View Map
- Martha Bueti – State Farm Insurance Agent
3540 E Baseline Rd #115 – Phoenix, AZ 85042 – (602) 243-9209 – View Map
- Mattie Taylor – State Farm Insurance Agent
4225 W Bell Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85053 – (602) 938-4491 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Any good agent in Phoenix should know the answers to these questions.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Where are claims handled?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
After you get positive responses to any questions you may have as well as a price you’re happy with, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you are able to terminate coverage when you choose so never assume that you’re stuck with a specific company for the entire policy term.
Insurance coverages explained
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hail damage, damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding and fire damage. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your Discovery resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like rolling your car, scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Discovery to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses for things like surgery, nursing services and doctor visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 15/30/10 that means you have $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, emergency aid and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Arizona state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but drivers should carry more coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Land Rover Discovery.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver and even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, switching insurance companies is easier than you think.
Lower-priced Land Rover Discovery insurance in Phoenix is attainable both online and with local Phoenix insurance agents, so get free Phoenix car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
You just read a lot of information how to compare Land Rover Discovery insurance rates in Phoenix. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with the least-expected company.
More detailed insurance information is available by following these links:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for High School Students in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)