Are you burned out from trying to scrape together enough money to pay insurance each month? You’re in the same situation as most other consumers in Arizona.
A recent insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of consumers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. With the average premium in Arizona being $1,600, drivers could save almost $730 every year, but they don’t know how much they could save if they just switched companies.
There are many insurers to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, lots of choices makes it harder to find the lowest cost provider for Kia Soul EV insurance in Phoenix.
Consumers need to compare rates periodically because insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best premium rates on Kia Soul EV insurance in Phoenix last year you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding Soul EV insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you the best ways to reduce your insurance bill.
Discounts for cheaper car insurance quotes
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before being credited.
- Club Memberships – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Phoenix is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Resident Student – Children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Auto insurance companies who may offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Phoenix auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not apply in Phoenix. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer cheap Kia Soul EV insurance quotes in Arizona, follow this link.
Compare quotes for Phoenix Kia Soul EV insurance
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare prices from companies that offer insurance in Arizona. By far the easiest way to find cheaper Kia Soul EV rates consists of shopping online.
Comparing quotes online is fast and free, and it replaces the need to physically go to and from local Phoenix insurance agencies. Quoting Kia Soul EV insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you have a complicated situation and need the personal advice of a local Phoenix agent. You can, however, get prices online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area will enable you to find the best offered rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide online Phoenix Soul EV insurance quotes, so you also need to get rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Smart Consumers Know How to Quote Insurance at a Discount
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
- Annual miles is a factor – The higher the miles on your Kia in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Ask your agent if your policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Soul EV is throwing money out the window.
- Decrease insurance rates by maintaining coverage – Driving without insurance coverage in place is not a good idea and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage may result in a license revocation or jail time. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Arizona DMV.
- Liability safeguards assets – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Less chance of injury means lower premiums – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Kia Soul EV is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
- Low credit history equals high premiums – An insured’s credit rating will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Kia Soul EV if you clean up your credit. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Kia Soul EV to commute?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my Kia Soul EV is worth?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Phoenix car insurance agent
Many people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices and still choose a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is especially important in Phoenix.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting a provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Why you need car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Soul EV in Phoenix, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Kia, most banks will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia for a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Persistent drivers can save
We just showed you some good ideas how to get a better price on Kia Soul EV insurance in Phoenix. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents. Budget-friendly auto insurance in Phoenix is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Phoenix, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
More information can be read below:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)