Want to learn a better way to compare lower-priced Hummer H2 SUT insurance in Phoenix? Are you burned out from robbing Peter to pay Paul to buy insurance? Your situation is no different than many other Arizona drivers.
Unimaginable but true, most insurance customers have been with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. Phoenix drivers could save roughly $700 every year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they changed companies.
Due to the large number of companies to choose from that have cheaper insurance for a Hummer H2 SUT in Phoenix, it’s nearly impossible to pick the most cost effective insurer.
Auto insurance providers offering low-cost price quotes in Arizona
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Phoenix car insurance discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a defensive driving class can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have a lower price if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include youthful driver, business and professional, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, and teen driver.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-policy, youthful driver, renewal discount, good student, driver training, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, multiple autos, driver’s education, and multiple policy.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-theft, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new move discount, newly retired, multi-policy, safety features, and preferred payment discount.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Phoenix auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Phoenix. To view insurers that offer some of these discounts in Phoenix, follow this link.
Do I need special coverages?
When selecting coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Local agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers would rather go talk to an agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Phoenix who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to your email. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a insurer requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
If you need to find local Phoenix agents, it helps to know the two different types of agents from which to choose. Agencies in Phoenix can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Phoenix that can give you price quote information.
Eric Hamilton – State Farm Insurance Agent
10265 W Camelback Rd #120 – Phoenix, AZ 85037 – (623) 848-3048 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options.
The following are independent insurance agents in Phoenix who can help you get price quotes.
Beware of misleading insurance ads
Insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. All the companies seem to make the promise that drivers can save some big amount just by switching to them. How is it possible that every company can charge less that you’re paying now?
Insurance providers have specific guidelines for the type of insured that earns them the highest profit. For instance, this type of driver could be over age 30, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any person who fits those characteristics will get very good Phoenix rates and as a result will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who don’t qualify for this ideal profile will see higher rates which results in business not being written. If you pay attention, the ads say “customers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” can save as much as they claim. That is how companies can lure you into getting a quote. Each company has different criteria, so you absolutely need to quote coverage with many companies. It’s just not possible to know which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Persistence pays off
Budget-conscious Hummer H2 SUT insurance is available online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Phoenix auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies is less work than it seems.
In this article, we covered many ways to get a better price on Hummer H2 SUT insurance in Phoenix. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)