Locating cheaper insurance for a new or used Buick Verano in Arizona can normally be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy. There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a Buick and locate the lowest possible price from both online companies and Phoenix agents.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Phoenix is not rocket science. If you have coverage now or just want to save money, you will benefit by learning to reduce premiums without reducing coverage. Smart buyers only need an understanding of the most effective way to shop from multiple carriers.
Smart Consumers Can Lower Insurance Rates
Lots of things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower rates.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
Driving citations can be expensive – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Good drivers have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have gotten flagrant violations such as reckless driving or DUI may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Safer cars lower prices – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means less claims paid and thus lower rates.
Get married and pay less – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your insurance policy. It is viewed as being more financially stable and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Frequent policy claims will increase rates – Insurance companies in Arizona award most affordable rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Is you occupation costing you more? – Careers like lawyers, executives and financial analysts have higher premium rates in part from intense work requirements and long work days. Conversely, occupations like professors, athletes and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Bundle policies and save – Most major insurance companies will give lower prices to customers that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to compare other Phoenix Verano insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Claims statistics for a Buick Verano – Insurers analyze historical claim data to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Buick Verano vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Percentages below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Buick Verano Models
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Most larger insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive make it easy to get prices for coverage direct online. Getting quotes for Buick Verano insurance in Phoenix is quite simple because you just enter the amount of coverage you want on the page. When complete, their quoting system automatically retrieves your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote determined by many factors.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to find a lower rate.
To use this form to compare rates, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this guarantees you’re receiving a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Ads can be misleading
Consumers in Arizona can’t get away from ads for the lowest price insurance by GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the ads advertise claims that drivers will save a bundle after switching your policy.
How is it plausible that every one can say the same thing? Here is the trick they use.
Insurance companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of customer that will generate a profit. For instance, this type of driver might be described as between the ages of 30 and 45, owns a home, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Anyone who meets those qualifications will get low car insurance rates and therefore will save if they switch.
Potential insureds who do not fit the “perfect” profile will probably have to pay more expensive rates and the prospect going elsewhere. The ads state “people that switch” not “all people who quote” save money. That’s why companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. Because of these techniques, you should get Phoenix car insurance quotes from several different companies. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will provide the lowest Buick Verano insurance in Phoenix.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Buick Verano insurance, buying auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Buick for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Buick as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Verano are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Phoenix insurance discounts for a Buick Verano
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list their entire list of discounts very well, so we break down a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Phoenix car insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Paper-free Discount – Some car insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application on the web.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive better car insurance rates.
- Professional Memberships – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next car insurance statement.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Buick can earn slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Telematics Devices – Phoenix drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to track driving habits by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with these discounts possibly include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Phoenix. To choose insurance companies who offer free Buick Verano insurance quotes in Phoenix, click this link.
Local agents and car insurance
Some people would prefer to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Phoenix that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to your email. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best provider requires more thought than just the quoted price. A good agent in Phoenix will have answers to these questions.
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can write policy coverage, but it’s important to point out how they differ since it can impact your selection of an agent.
These agents have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Phoenix that can give you price quotes.
- State Farm: Lynn Hennessy
4645 E Chandler Blvd #110 – Phoenix, AZ 85048 – (480) 759-0203 – View Map
- State Farm: Mat Herseth
751 E Union Hills Dr #A9, Phoenix 85024 – 751 E Union Hills Dr #A9, AZ 85024 – (602) 788-6700 – View Map
- Jerry Wood – State Farm Insurance Agent
3738 E Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85018 – (602) 955-3284 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Phoenix that can give you comparison quotes.
- Oasis Insurance
317 N 19th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85009 – (602) 233-5500 – View Map
- Travelers Insurance
22601 N 19th Ave #216 – Phoenix, AZ 85027 – (623) 572-0032 – View Map
- Fasula Kaplan Insurance Agency
11022 N 28th Dr Suite 125 – Phoenix, AZ 85029 – (602) 564-0880 – View Map
Do I need special coverages?
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Arizona?
- Should I rate my Buick Verano as pleasure use or commute?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Cheap Buick Verano insurance in Phoenix can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Phoenix agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies work with local independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers or being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Much more information about auto insurance in Arizona can be read at the links below
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Phoenix Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)