Comparing and finding more affordable coverage rates for Buick LaCrosse insurance in Phoenix is always quite difficult for drivers not familiar with online insurance quotes. People have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into more work than you anticipated to lower your prices on Buick LaCrosse insurance.
Regrettably, most auto insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in Arizona can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to go online and compare rates.
Most of the larger companies allow you to get pricing online. Doing online price comparisons for Buick LaCrosse insurance in Phoenix is pretty painless as you simply enter your coverage information as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, their quoting system automatically retrieves credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote based on these factors.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Buick LaCrosse insurance in Phoenix makes it simple to compare prices and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find lower-cost rates.
In order to find out what other companies charge, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you’re receiving rate comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lacrosse CXL AWD||$194||$342||$262||$16||$78||$892||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect auto insurance rates significantly.
Annual premiums for males compared to females
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Buick LaCrosse insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Protect more than your Buick LaCrosse
Even though Phoenix LaCrosse insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your LaCrosse, almost all lenders will require that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Buick at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $820 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You may qualify for discounts for Buick LaCrosse insurance in Phoenix
Companies do not advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Phoenix auto insurance online.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a class that teaches defensive driving techniques may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Phoenix can earn you a little savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will help lower the amount you have to pay.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and good driver.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, air bags, driver training, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, newly married, and safety features.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for defensive driver, air bag, good student, anti-theft, and vehicle fuel type.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
If you need cheaper Phoenix auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your state.
Car insurance is available from agents near you
Some people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still have a local agent.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Phoenix who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When finding a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance policy providers are either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Phoenix who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Jerry Wood – State Farm Insurance Agent
3738 E Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85018 – (602) 955-3284 – View Map
- Severiano Torres III – State Farm Insurance Agent
1820 N 75th Ave #106 – Phoenix, AZ 85035 – (623) 846-0240 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Christine Yap
9303 N 7th St Ste 5 – Phoenix, AZ 85020 – (602) 371-0581 – View Map
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you get quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. A lot of them also have access to companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Phoenix willing to provide rate quotes.
- Citywide Insurance
1529 W Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (602) 241-9200 – View Map
- Daniels Nicolson Insurance Agency, Inc
4411 N 19th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (800) 972-1893 – View Map
- Independent Insurance Agents
333 E Flower St – Phoenix, AZ 85012 – (602) 956-1851 – View Map
Insurance can be complex
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different and your insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Arizona?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
What insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Arizona drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/10 in Arizona), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
This covers damage to your LaCrosse caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your LaCrosse in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like fire damage, hitting a deer, a broken windshield and damage from flooding. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses such as hospital visits, funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees and prosthetic devices. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/10 which means $15,000 bodily injury coverage, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like attorney fees, funeral expenses and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Arizona requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
A conclusion for your insurance search
When getting Phoenix auto insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Low-cost Buick LaCrosse insurance in Phoenix is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Phoenix, so get free Phoenix auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)