Are you researching more competitive auto insurance rates in Phoenix, AZ? Phoenix consumers have lots of choices when looking for low-cost Chrysler 200 insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a better way to shop for auto insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to price shop coverage for your Chrysler and locate the lowest price from Phoenix insurance agents and online providers.
A recent study showed that the vast majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. American drivers could cut their rates by up to 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes yearly because auto insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the lowest rates on Chrysler 200 insurance in Phoenix six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There is lot of inaccurate information about 200 insurance on the web, but you can learn some solid techniques on how to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Affordable Chrysler insurance rates in Phoenix
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Some insurers don’t necessarily list the entire discount list very well, so the following list contains some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best car insurance rates when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO may permit one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers could receive a slight reduction on a Phoenix car insurance quote.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to scrutinize driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Good Student – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- The Hartford offers discounts including air bag, defensive driver, bundle, driver training, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for good student, annual mileage, multi-car, good driver, and professional/association.
- GEICO may offer discounts for driver training, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, air bags, and federal employee.
- AAA discounts include good student, multi-car, anti-theft, pay-in-full, good driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, student away at school, defensive driving training, good driver, accident-free, and passive restraint.
Double check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in Arizona, follow this link.
How Insurance Providers Calculate Chrysler 200 Insurance Premiums
Many factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
- Deter theft and reduce premiums – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop vehicle theft.
- More performance means higher prices – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Since the Chrysler 200 is considered a passenger car, rates will be similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Phoenix. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums. If the Chrysler 200 scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- You may save more by bundling policies – Most major insurance companies will award better rates to customers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to compare other Phoenix 200 insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Premiums are affected by your address – Residing in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Urban drivers have to deal with more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Frequent insurance claims will cost more – Car insurance companies in Arizona provide the best rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- How do annual miles impact costs? – The more you drive every year the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Incorrect rating for your 200 is throwing money out the window. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage.
- Liability coverage is important – Liability insurance provides coverage if you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Chrysler 200 claim statistics – Insurers use claims history when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that the data determines to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Chrysler 200 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chrysler 200 Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chrysler 200 2WD 117 113 116 174 189 152 Chrysler 200 4WD 117 112 108 127
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Phoenix insurance agency
A lot of people prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheaper car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Phoenix who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How long has the business existed?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Phoenix for you
If you’re trying to find a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s good to learn how they are different since it can impact buying decisions.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people use the same agent mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Listed below are Phoenix exclusive agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Christine Yap
9303 N 7th St Ste 5 – Phoenix, AZ 85020 – (602) 371-0581 – View Map
- John Abercrombie III – State Farm Insurance Agent
7207 N 7th St – Phoenix, AZ 85020 – (602) 906-0299 – View Map
- Brian Stevens – State Farm Insurance Agent
21043 N Cave Creek Rd A12 – Phoenix, AZ 85024 – (602) 569-6600 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you contact several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies which can save you money.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Phoenix willing to provide price quote information.
- Independent Insurance Agents
333 E Flower St – Phoenix, AZ 85012 – (602) 956-1851 – View Map
- Daniels Nicolson Insurance Agency, Inc
4411 N 19th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (800) 972-1893 – View Map
- Citywide Insurance
1529 W Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (602) 241-9200 – View Map
If you get good responses to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles.
Do the work, save more money
We just presented a lot of information how to lower your Chrysler 200 insurance prices in Phoenix. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Phoenix car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company.
People switch companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund or being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new auto insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Traverse in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much is Phoenix Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)