How long has it been since you compared lower-priced Chevy Uplander insurance in Phoenix? Are you kicking yourself for buying an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Say no more because there are a lot of people in Phoenix just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
Unfortunately, a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never shopped around. Drivers in Phoenix could save themselves 50% a year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
Drivers have so many insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates for Chevy Uplander insurance in Phoenix.
It’s important to shop coverage around once or twice a year since insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Chevy Uplander insurance in Phoenix six months ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the fastest and easiest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Quoting and buying more affordable insurance in Phoenix is not that difficult. Just about every car owner who requires lower cost insurance will most likely be able to lower their premiums. But Arizona vehicle owners must learn how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online because rates are impacted by many factors.
The easiest way to get rate comparisons for Chevy Uplander insurance in Phoenix is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies allow for online access to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including if a SR-22 is required, your general credit rating, how you use your vehicles, and if you are currently licensed. Your insurance information is then submitted to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes instantly.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Phoenix.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Arizona. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Save money on Chevy Uplander insurance in Phoenix with these discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a discount up to 10%.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Phoenix car insurance quote.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Phoenix car insurance over the internet.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy can qualify you for slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, air bag, bundle, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include low natural disaster claims, anti-theft, accident-free, multi-policy, and good driver.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, good student, air bags, and defensive driver.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, pay-in-full, and good student.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, student away at school, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, accident-free, and defensive driving training.
If you are trying to find cheaper Phoenix car insurance quotes, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not apply in your state. If you would like to view insurers with discount rates in Phoenix, click this link.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Some people prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is you can get lower rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Phoenix.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Phoenix who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Auto insurance agents in Phoenix come in two varieties
When looking for a local Phoenix insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you definitely need to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Phoenix who can help you get free rate quotes.
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are Phoenix exclusive agencies who can help you get price quote information.
Gunther Perdomo Llana – State Farm Insurance Agent
2040 E Bell Rd #110 – Phoenix, AZ 85022 – (602) 971-8488 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Which family members are covered?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Phoenix?
- If they are an independent agency in Phoenix, which companies do they recommend?
- Does their agency support local causes in Phoenix?
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with cheaper rates.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
Frequent claims increase premiums – Auto insurance companies in Arizona award cheaper rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Eliminate unneeded incidental coverages – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that you can buy when buying car insurance. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but if you don’t need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
Safeguard your assets with liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in in the event that you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Having a spouse can lower rates – Walking down the aisle actually saves money on your policy. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Car plus home equals more savings – Lots of insurance companies provide better rates to policyholders that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare Chevy Uplander rates in Phoenix to help guarantee you have the best rates. Consumers may find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Uplander insurance, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Chevy Uplander with a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, car insurance protects not only your Chevy but also your financial assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Arizona is wasting up to $700 annually so shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
Shop smart and save
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to shop for Chevy Uplander insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Phoenix car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
More information can be found at the links below
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- How Much are Phoenix Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)