How long have you put off shopping around for more competitive Chevy Tahoe insurance in Phoenix? Are you tired of trying to scrape together enough money to pay insurance each month? You’re in the same situation as millions of other consumers.
Unbelievably, a large majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost half have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in Arizona could save themselves roughly 50% a year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the benefits if they switched.
Due to the abundance of choices of insurance companies that have lower-cost insurance for a Chevy Tahoe in Phoenix, it is hard for the average consumer to choose the lowest cost insurance provider.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes quite often since insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best premium rates on Chevy Tahoe insurance in Phoenix a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because it’s time to teach you how to quote online to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Affordable Chevy insurance prices in Phoenix
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get prices from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tahoe LS 2WD||$202||$396||$288||$18||$86||$990||$83|
|Tahoe LS 4WD||$202||$324||$282||$16||$84||$908||$76|
|Tahoe LT 2WD||$124||$204||$282||$16||$84||$710||$59|
|Tahoe LT 4WD||$264||$428||$308||$18||$92||$1,110||$93|
|Tahoe LTZ 2WD||$256||$528||$362||$22||$108||$1,276||$106|
|Tahoe LTZ 4WD||$224||$450||$314||$18||$94||$1,100||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can change rates noticeably.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The example below shows the difference between Chevrolet Tahoe insurance premiums with full coverage compared to only the Arizona minimum liability coverage. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There isn’t a written rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Chevrolet Tahoe replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $400 annually for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Tahoe insurance in Phoenix?
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a course teaching driver safety skills could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Resident Student – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Phoenix and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow their auto insurance company to monitor driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
A list of auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, defensive driving training, student away at school, safe vehicle, anti-theft, good student, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including youthful driver, teen driver, early shopping, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, and alternative fuel.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, driver training, membership and employees, defensive driver, multi-policy, and emergency military deployment.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for paid in full, teen driver, multiple vehicles, good student, anti-lock brakes, and safe vehicle.
- The Hartford includes discounts for vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, bundle, anti-theft, and air bag.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include 55 and retired, renewal discount, safe driver, driver training, good student, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA offers discounts for family discount, military installation, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, good student, and new vehicle.
If you are trying to find affordable Phoenix auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Phoenix. To see companies with discount rates in Arizona, click this link.
Are insurance agencies used anymore?
Many people just want to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is still important in Phoenix.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to companies in Phoenix who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Phoenix agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they can write business with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare prices from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are Phoenix independent insurance agencies who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Phoenix willing to provide price quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Phoenix should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Phoenix?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
Be persistent to save money
We just covered a lot of tips how to compare Chevy Tahoe insurance auto insurance rates in Phoenix. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting low cost Phoenix auto insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers often have lower premium rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When you buy Phoenix auto insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)