Are you trying to find cheaper Chevy SS insurance in Phoenix? When shopping for cheaper insurance, do you get overwhelmed by the wide range of insurance sources available to you? There are such a large number of options that it is a challenge to locate the lowest rates for Chevy SS insurance in Phoenix. Phoenix is an excellent city in which to live, but paying high insurance rates can make it nearly impossible to pay other bills every month.
Sad but true, almost 70% of insureds renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Arizona insurance shoppers could pocket $733 a year, but they think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes online.
How to compare Phoenix Chevy SS insurance quotes
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. The fastest way to compare rates is to use the internet to compare rates. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes provides better odds of finding more affordable insurance.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Arizona. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Why you need Chevy SS insurance in Arizona
Even though Phoenix SS insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required in Arizona but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves your Chevy and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $810 a year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Don’t listen to company ads
Well-known insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. They all seem to make the same claim that people will save if you move your insurance policy to them. How can each company say the same thing? This is the way they can do it.
All the different companies have specific guidelines for the type of customer that will not have excessive claims. For example, a preferred risk might be over the age of 50, owns a home, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Anyone that hits that “sweet spot” will get low car insurance rates and will most likely pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who don’t meet these standards will probably be forced to pay more expensive rates and ends up with business not being written. The wording the ads use say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. This is how companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings.
Because of these techniques, you should compare free Phoenix auto insurance quotes often. Because without a comparison, you cannot know the company that will give you the biggest savings.
Discount Phoenix insurance rates
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization can get you a small discount when shopping for insurance.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Phoenix auto insurance quote. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Phoenix auto insurance quote.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will definitely reduce your premiums.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies with discount insurance rates in Phoenix, click here.
Do I need an insurance agency?
A small number of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about comparing car insurance online is you can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local agents is still important in Phoenix.
Once you complete this quick form, the quote information is sent to participating agents in Phoenix who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You don’t have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local Phoenix insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing car insurance prices, you should always get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with different regional companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Phoenix that may be able to give free rate quotes.
- General Southwest Insurance Agency
5628 E Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85018 – (480) 990-1900 – View Map
- Oasis Insurance
317 N 19th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85009 – (602) 233-5500 – View Map
- Travelers Insurance
22601 N 19th Ave #216 – Phoenix, AZ 85027 – (623) 572-0032 – View Map
Exclusive agents write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Phoenix that can give you price quote information.
- Lynn Buss – State Farm Insurance Agent
4022 E Broadway Rd #106 – Phoenix, AZ 85040 – (602) 454-8570 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: David Vasquez
4151 W Bethany Home Rd a – Phoenix, AZ 85019 – (602) 841-1421 – View Map
- Bob Schneider – State Farm Insurance Agent
243 W Portland St – Phoenix, AZ 85003 – (602) 277-2687 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Arizona?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Quote often and quote early
Cost effective Chevy SS insurance is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Phoenix, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer online price quotes and many times these regional carriers work with independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce Chevy SS insurance prices online in Phoenix. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company.
As you quote Phoenix auto insurance, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about auto insurance in Arizona is available at the links below
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Phoenix Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)