Do you want to save money by buying more competitive Chevy HHR insurance in Phoenix? Trying to find cheaper insurance for a new or used Chevy HHR in Arizona can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods and make it easy. There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the best way to quote coverages on a Chevy and locate the lowest price from both online companies and Phoenix agents.
If you’re already insured or just want a better rate, you can follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates without sacrificing coverage. Shopping around for the best-priced car insurance policy in Phoenix is easy to do. Comparison shoppers just have to learn the most time-saving way to quote multiple rates instantly.
Most major insurance companies make it easy to get pricing directly from their websites. Getting online quotes for Chevy HHR insurance in Phoenix is possible for anyone as you just enter the coverages you want into the form. After you submit the form the quote system will obtain your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information based on many factors.
The ability to get online price quotes for Chevy HHR insurance in Phoenix makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get affordable auto insurance pricing.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, check out the auto insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate the coverages identical to your current policy. This guarantees you are getting rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in vehicle location which can impact coverage rates significantly.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper auto insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims can influence Chevrolet HHR auto insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy HHR insurance, paying for auto insurance is required by state law in Arizona and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Components of Your Chevy HHR Insurance Costs
Many factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
The items below are a few of the things companies use to determine premiums.
Drive less and get lower rates – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Cars that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your car insurance policy reflects the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated HHR is just wasting money.
Where you call home can impact premiums – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country can save you money when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent your car from being stolen.
Performance makes a difference – The type of car or truck you own makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest rates will generally be found on lower cost passenger models, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price. Because the Chevrolet HHR is considered a crossover, insurance will be slightly more when compared to the average rates in Phoenix.
Low credit rating equals high prices – A driver’s credit score can be an important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet HHR by repairing your credit. People that have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
Protect yourself with liability protection – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in if ever you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Single drivers take more risk – Being married may save some money on your car insurance policy. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
Policy add-ons add up – There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that can add up if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, towing, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Lower-cost Phoenix car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there could be significant discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Phoenix and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow companies to analyze vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Organization Discounts – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your next car insurance statement.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will lower your policy premiums.
To find providers who offer online Chevy HHR insurance quotes in Phoenix, click here.
When to contact an insurance agency
Many drivers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Phoenix who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company should include more criteria than just a low price. Any agent in Phoenix should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Where are claims handled?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Phoenix?
- How long have they been in business?
Types of car insurance agents in Phoenix
If you want a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Phoenix are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both write insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference between them because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Below are Phoenix exclusive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Lupita Fernandez – State Farm Insurance Agent
2610 W Baseline Rd Ste 116 – Phoenix, AZ 85041 – (602) 633-2088 – View Map
- Lula Smith – State Farm Insurance Agent
7217 S Central Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85042 – (602) 232-0793 – View Map
- Gunther Perdomo Llana – State Farm Insurance Agent
2040 E Bell Rd #110 – Phoenix, AZ 85022 – (602) 971-8488 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. If you need lower rates, you should always get some free quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in Phoenix who can help you get price quote information.
- American Premier Insurance Agency
16815 S Desert Foothills Pkwy #140 – Phoenix, AZ 85048 – (480) 423-3444 – View Map
- UNO Insurance Agency
3510 E Bell Rd # 2 – Phoenix, AZ 85032 – (602) 493-2300 – View Map
- Oasis Insurance
317 N 19th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85009 – (602) 233-5500 – View Map
You can lower your auto insurance rates
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests and even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
Affordable Chevy HHR insurance in Phoenix can be bought from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to lower your Chevy HHR insurance car insurance rates in Phoenix. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)