Having to pay for high-priced auto insurance in Phoenix can dwindle your funds and force you to make tough financial choices.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,600, Phoenix drivers could save up to 50% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to shop their coverage around.
Online insurance companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO constantly blast consumers with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers need to shop coverage around every six months because auto insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best rates on Honda Crosstour insurance in Phoenix two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the only way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Companies offering Honda Crosstour insurance in Phoenix
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Arizona. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Save money with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount very well, so we took the time to find both the well known as well as the least known discounts that may be available. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are just wasting money.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Phoenix car insurance with certain companies.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Honda Crosstour insurance.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Phoenix could qualify you for a break on insurance.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could qualify for cheaper prices.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a small discount on rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Phoenix car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
To find providers who offer cheap Honda Crosstour insurance quotes in Phoenix in Arizona, click here.
Will just any policy work for me?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
You may want advice from an insurance agency
A lot of people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Phoenix who will return price quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting a provider requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Phoenix?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
When researching a reliable insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents that you can select. Auto insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents of this type write business for a single company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are Phoenix exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
Gunther Perdomo Llana – State Farm Insurance Agent
2040 E Bell Rd #110 – Phoenix, AZ 85022 – (602) 971-8488 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to include at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Phoenix that are able to give price quote information.
Truth in auto insurance advertising
Progressive, Allstate and GEICO endlessly run television and radio advertisements. They all make the point that you’ll save big just by moving your coverage to them. How does every company charge you less for car insurance? This is the way they can do it.
Different companies have specific characteristics for the type of driver that will generate a profit. A good example of a desirable insured might be over the age of 40, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any new insured who fits that profile will get a cheap rate quote in Phoenix as well as save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who fall short of those criteria may be required to pay higher premium rates and ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save money. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. This illustrates why you really need to get as many free Phoenix car insurance quotes as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will give you lower prices than your current company.
One last thing to lower rates
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, delays in paying claims or lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
We just showed you some good ideas how to reduce Honda Crosstour insurance rates online in Phoenix. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Phoenix car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
As you quote Phoenix car insurance, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured cut collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Phoenix Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)