Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for more competitive Chevy Trax insurance in Phoenix? Are you irritated from paying out the nose to pay your insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as many other Arizona consumers.
Inconceivable but true, most consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. Arizona insurance shoppers could cut their rates by 50% a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they just switched companies. Drivers have multiple insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
It’s smart to compare rates at least once a year because insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Chevy Trax insurance in Phoenix last year you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to learn one of the quickest ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a course in defensive driver may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Phoenix auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Phoenix can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
To choose providers who offer insurance discounts in Arizona, follow this link.
Finding a lower price on insurance is an easy way to save money. You just need to take a couple of minutes to compare rate quotes to see which company has the cheapest Chevrolet Trax rate quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to drive to different Phoenix agent offices. Comparing Chevy Trax insurance rate quotes online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the advice and guidance only provided by licensed Phoenix agents. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop your insurance online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Arizona. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Smart Consumers Know How to Quote Car Insurance at a Discount
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices. Many different elements are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- Premiums can change based on your address – Residing in areas with lower population has definite advantages when buying car insurance. People in densely populated areas have to deal with much more traffic and much longer commute distances. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The type of car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. The lowest base rates are usually for lower cost passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price. Due to the fact that the Chevrolet Trax is a compact car, insurance will be the same to a little lower as compared to the average rate in Phoenix.
- Vehicle features impact car insurance rates – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Car insurance policy lapses lead to higher premiums – Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and companies may charge more for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Being married is a good thing – Your spouse helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Marriage translates into being more stable financially and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Men drivers tend to cost more – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean females are better drivers. Both sexes tend to get into auto accidents at about the same rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Poor credit can mean higher premiums – Having a bad credit rating factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Insureds with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Trax by improving your rating.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are many additional coverages that can add up on your car insurance policy. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Chevy Trax claim data – Companies use past insurance losses when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher premium rates. The table below demonstrates the loss history for Chevy Trax vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Numbers under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Chevrolet Trax Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Trax 4dr 2WD 79 Chevrolet Trax 4dr 4WD 81
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Phoenix auto insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is especially important in Phoenix.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Phoenix that provide free Phoenix auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. In the event you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents in Phoenix are categorized either exclusive or independent. Both can provide car insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you will want to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
The following are Phoenix independent insurance agents that can give you free car insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Phoenix who can help you get price quote information.
Jim Nork – State Farm Insurance Agent
1600 W Camelback Rd #1a – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (602) 222-9400 – View Map
Eric Hamilton – State Farm Insurance Agent
10265 W Camelback Rd #120 – Phoenix, AZ 85037 – (623) 848-3048 – View Map
Mary Parada – State Farm Insurance Agent
3414 W Bell Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85053 – (602) 942-9202 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Phoenix should know the answers to these questions.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Arizona?
- How are claims handled?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
Three reasons to insure your Chevy vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Trax in Phoenix, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will force you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, auto insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy Trax. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver overpays as much as $869 every year so you should quote rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Low-cost Chevy Trax insurance in Phoenix can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Car Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)