I can’t think of anyone who loves paying for insurance, especially when they know the price is too high.
It’s hard to believe, but nearly 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. The average driver in Chandler could save almost 50% each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to spend time to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes. Multiple car insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the cheapest price on insurance.
Cutting your Chandler insurance rates is an easy way to save money. All that’s required is to take the time comparing rates from online providers.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rate quotes online that it replaces the need to physically go to and from local Chandler insurance agencies. Buying insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you prefer the professional assistance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Drivers can price shop your coverage online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Chandler, AZ. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 4WD||$762||$381||$64|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$986||$493||$82|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$646||$323||$54|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SE||$742||$371||$62|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$830||$415||$69|
|Ford Edge SE 2WD||$740||$370||$62|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$836||$418||$70|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$928||$464||$77|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$940||$470||$78|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,056||$528||$88|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$836||$418||$70|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,062||$531||$89|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$848||$424||$71|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$972||$486||$81|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$962||$481||$80|
|Toyota Camry LE||$884||$442||$74|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$882||$441||$74|
|Toyota Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$842||$421||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can modify rates considerably.
Premiums by gender and age
The chart below illustrates the difference between annual premium costs for male and female drivers in Chandler. The price estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied on a Ford Fusion Hybrid.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Arizona
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Save $448 a year? Really?
Consumers in Arizona constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings for switching by Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies seem to make the promise about savings if you switch your car insurance coverage to their company.
That’s great but how can every company offer drivers better rates? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies have an ideal profile for a prospective insured they prefer to insure. For example, a profitable risk profile may be a female over age 40, has no driving citations, and insures a new vehicle. A propective insured who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates in Chandler and most likely will save a lot of money.
People who cannot meet the ideal profile will see higher premium rates with the end result being business going elsewhere. If you listen closely, the ads state “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much when switching. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
This illustrates why it is so important to compare as many free Chandler auto insurance quotes as you can. It’s just not possible to know which car insurance company will provide the lowest car insurance in Chandler.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on car insurance
Some insurance providers do not advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so the below list has a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy digitally online.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The best car insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for distant student, good student, switch companies, bundle discounts, early shopping, business and professional, and youthful driver.
- Esurance discounts include paid-in-full, anti-lock brakes, online quote, homeowner, good student, and DriveSense.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, federal employee, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, good student, membership and employees, and seat belt use.
- Allstate may have discounts that include EZ pay plan discount, anti-theft, senior citizen, passive restraint, utility vehicle, and eSmart discount.
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To choose insurers with the best car insurance discounts in Arizona, click this link.
Car insurance agents can help
A small number of people still like to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is definitely important in Chandler.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to companies in Chandler who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
When finding a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they function. Agencies in Chandler are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s important to know the subtle differences because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to include a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Below are Chandler independent agents that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
4221 E Chandler Blvd # 119 – Phoenix, AZ 85048 – (480) 759-1970 – View Map
Boudreaux, Jerrold Arizona Insurance SVC
393 W Warner Rd # 117 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 890-7900 – View Map
San Marcos Insurance Group
584 W Chandler Blvd – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 899-6633 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Chandler who can help you get rate quotes.
Farmers Insurance – Joe Baselice
5355 W Chandler Blvd #8 – Chandler, AZ 85226 – (480) 940-0909 – View Map
Jason Earl – State Farm Insurance Agent
3120 S Gilbert Rd #4 – Chandler, AZ 85286 – (480) 895-2040 – View Map
Farmers Insurance: Mike Canez
381 N Arizona Ave – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 786-5302 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Chandler should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
After you get good answers to your questions and low cost Chandler auto insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that will provide car insurance coverage.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When selecting your policy for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it’s worth?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- What is the ISO rating for a vehicle?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Persistence will pay off
When trying to cut insurance costs, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
We just presented many ideas to compare auto insurance premium rates in Chandler. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)