Paying for expensive Cadillac ATS insurance in Phoenix can bottom out your personal savings and force you to cut corners elsewhere. Doing a rate analysis is a great way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Statistics show that most consumers in Arizona kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Most drivers in the U.S. can cut their rates by roughly $850 a year by just shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes.
Popular companies such as Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm constantly bombard you with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to see past the corporate glitz and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Consumers should take time to compare premium rates quite often because prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best rate on Cadillac ATS insurance in Phoenix a couple years back you will most likely find a better premium rate today. You’ll find a ton of advice on ATS insurance online, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some great ideas on how to put money back in your pocket.
The quickest method to compare rates for Cadillac ATS insurance in Phoenix takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies will pay a fee to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including how you use your vehicles, how much you drive, the type of vehicles you drive, and marital status. That rating information is sent automatically to multiple companies and you will receive price estimates immediately.
To check Cadillac ATS insurance prices now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Arizona. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Take advantage of these price cutting discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even know about. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but less common discounts must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a new policy early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Phoenix can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select companies reward you with lower prices if you buy life insurance from them.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Driver Safety – Taking a defensive driver class can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
To see a list of auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Phoenix, click here.
Independent or exclusive insurance agencies
Many people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is sent to companies in Phoenix that provide free Phoenix car insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good provider is decision based upon more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Where are claims handled?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Arizona?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When researching a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they work. Phoenix agents are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are exclusive agencies in Phoenix that can give you comparison quotes.
Severiano Torres III – State Farm Insurance Agent
1820 N 75th Ave #106 – Phoenix, AZ 85035 – (623) 846-0240 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Phoenix willing to provide price quote information.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
Minor frequent claims are not good – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Arizona award lower rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Multiple policies with one company can save – Most major companies provide better rates to insureds that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
Your age impacts your costs – Youthful drivers in Arizona are known to be more careless with other occupants in the car so they pay higher auto insurance rates. More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
Liability protection claims can be big – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in when you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
Only buy extra policy coverages you need – There are a ton of add-on coverages that can add up on your auto insurance policy. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, towing, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea initially, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The make and model of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Since the Cadillac ATS falls in the luxury sedan class, insuring your vehicle will cost more compared to average rates in Phoenix. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Vehicle features impact premiums – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder auto theft and help lower rates.
Insurance loss data for a Cadillac ATS – Car insurance companies analyze the history of losses to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher premium rate.
The table below shows the historical loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Numbers under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Cadillac ATS Vehicles
|Specific Cadillac Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD||121||97||103||107||96||90|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD||127||81||91||92||93||74|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need insurance
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required in Arizona but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Cadillac at a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Cadillac as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
We just presented a lot of techniques to lower your Cadillac ATS insurance premium rates in Phoenix. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Phoenix is definitely available online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Phoenix car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be easier than you think.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- How Much are Phoenix Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)