Do you want to save money by buying more affordable insurance rates in Phoenix, AZ? Phoenix shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the lowest priced Volkswagen Golf insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online and we’ll show you the quickest way to compare rates on a Volkswagen and locate the lowest possible price either online or from Phoenix insurance agents.
How You Can Control Volkswagen Golf Insurance Costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs. Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes some of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Only buy extra coverages you need – There are many optional add-on coverages that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and membership fees are examples of these. These coverages may sound good initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Gender and car insurance – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Men and women have auto accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – The more you drive each year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that have low annual miles receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven. Improper usage on your Golf may be wasting your money.
- Where you live is a factor – Being located in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Urban drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Lots of insurance companies allow a discount to buyers who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to compare Volkswagen Golf rates in Phoenix to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Insurance losses for a Volkswagen Golf – Companies use claims history as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages. The next table shows the historical loss data for Volkswagen Golf vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Volkswagen Golf Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Volkswagen Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Golf 109 97
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Most companies make it easy to get pricing on their websites. Comparing Volkswagen Golf insurance rates online can be done by anyone as you just enter your coverage information as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, the quote system orders information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote determined by many factors.
Quoting online for Volkswagen Golf insurance in Phoenix makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the lowest payment on auto insurance.
To save time and find out how much you can save on auto insurance, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you’re receiving an apples-to-apples comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Arizona. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get rates from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Golf 2.5 2-Dr Hatchback||$188||$370||$300||$18||$90||$966||$81|
|Golf 2.5 4-Dr Hatchback||$250||$538||$314||$18||$94||$1,214||$101|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 2-Dr Hatchback||$182||$418||$338||$20||$102||$1,060||$88|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 4-Dr Hatchback||$138||$298||$338||$20||$102||$896||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Phoenix which can revise coverage rates considerably.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders can influence Volkswagen Golf car insurance costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Age, gender, and Volkswagen Golf insurance
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Golf insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Save $382 a year. For real?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that claim the cheapest car insurance rates from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads convey the message that you can save just by switching your coverage to them.
How does each company say the same thing? This is the trick they use.
All the different companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of customer that will add to their bottom line. A good example of a profitable risk profile could possibly be married and over the age of 30, has never had a policy lapse, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Any driver that hits that “sweet spot” may get the lowest car insurance rates in Phoenix and will most likely cut their Volkswagen Golf insurance rates if they switch.
Potential customers who may not quite match this stringent profile may be required to pay more expensive rates and the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The wording the ads use say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings.
Each company has different criteria, so you need to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest Volkswagen Golf insurance in Phoenix.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volkswagen Golf in Phoenix, buying insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Volkswagen at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects your Volkswagen and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Phoenix auto insurance discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a slight reduction on a Phoenix car insurance quote.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount get Phoenix car insurance on the internet.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for alternative fuel, youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, and homeowner.
- Esurance may have discounts that include paid-in-full, multi-policy, good student, safety device, anti-theft, and claim free.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, good driver, anti-theft, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, defensive driver, military active duty, driver training, and anti-theft.
- Allstate may offer discounts for EZ pay plan discount, defensive driver, FullPay discount, farm vehicle, utility vehicle, and new car.
If you need low cost Phoenix car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Arizona, click here.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
Some people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is especially important in Phoenix.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Phoenix who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Phoenix for you
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents from which to choose. Agents in Phoenix are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a partial list of independent agents in Phoenix who may be able to give you pricing information.
- Citywide Insurance
1529 W Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (602) 241-9200 – View Map
- Best Buy Insurance
3917 S Central Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85040 – (602) 268-2548 – View Map
- General Southwest Insurance Agency
5628 E Thomas Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85018 – (480) 990-1900 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents partially due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Phoenix that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: David Vasquez
4151 W Bethany Home Rd a – Phoenix, AZ 85019 – (602) 841-1421 – View Map
- Arly Sanchez – State Farm Insurance Agent
1625 N 51st Ave Ste 103 – Phoenix, AZ 85035 – (602) 455-2886 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Christine Yap
9303 N 7th St Ste 5 – Phoenix, AZ 85020 – (602) 371-0581 – View Map
Picking a car insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Arizona?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Volkswagen Golf?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- What policy terms are available?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Quote often and quote early
When getting Phoenix car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents. More affordable car insurance in Phoenix can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Phoenix agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional car insurance information can be read at these links:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Business Use in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)