Finding low cost prices on Mercury Montego insurance in Phoenix can seem to be hard for drivers who have little experience online insurance quotes. With more and more online companies available, it can turn into a ton of work to lower your rates on Mercury Montego insurance.
Unbelievably, almost 70% of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in Arizona can save as much as $733 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop around.
It’s important to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year since rates fluctuate regularly. If you had the lowest premium rates on Mercury Montego insurance in Phoenix a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the proper way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you’re already insured, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using these methods. Finding and comparing the best auto insurance policy in Phoenix is easy if you know what you’re doing. Nevertheless, Arizona vehicle owners must know how insurance companies determine what you pay and use this information to your advantage.
Get cheaper Mercury Montego insurance in Phoenix with discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there could be significant discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before being credited.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best car insurance rates compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on car insurance.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Phoenix drivers who agree to allow data collection to scrutinize driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with multiple cars on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. But any discount will help lower the cost of your policy.
Companies that may offer policyholders some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
When quoting, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in Phoenix, follow this link.
When shopping for cheaper Phoenix car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing rate quotes from insurance companies in your area. The recommended way to find competitive Mercury Montego insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies increases your odds of finding more affordable rates. Not every company allows you to get online Phoenix Montego insurance quotes, so it’s important to also get rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Arizona. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
The Mercury Montego Insurance Rate Equation
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are less apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
Optional features impact car insurance rates – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder car theft.
Vehicles with better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Liability – The liability section of your policy will provide protection when you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Your age impacts your prices – Older people are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.Teenage drivers are known to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
A car insurance lapse is a bad thing – Not having insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Arizona DMV.
Stress out and pay more – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Jobs such as judges, business owners and medical professionals generally have higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work situations and long work hours. Other jobs such as actors, students and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different and your auto insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Mercury Montego?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Phoenix car insurance agent
Many drivers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Phoenix.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Phoenix who will return price quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house because prices are sent to you instantly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Shown below are Phoenix car insurance companies that can give you price quote information for Mercury Montego insurance in Phoenix.
- American Family Insurance – Luke Shafer
1717 E Bell Rd #7 – Phoenix, AZ 85022 – (602) 788-5359 – View Map
- Jan McDaniel – State Farm Insurance Agent
4030 E Bell Rd #112 – Phoenix, AZ 85032 – (602) 266-2050 – View Map
- Mattie Taylor – State Farm Insurance Agent
4225 W Bell Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85053 – (602) 938-4491 – View Map
- Mary Parada – State Farm Insurance Agent
3414 W Bell Rd – Phoenix, AZ 85053 – (602) 942-9202 – View Map
Selecting an insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Phoenix?
- Is there a local claims center in Phoenix?
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Mercury Montego insurance, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mercury has a loan, most banks will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Mercury at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Mercury but also your financial assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Mercury gets damaged, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is wasting up to $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
One last thing about your coverage
Cheaper Mercury Montego insurance in Phoenix is available on the web as well as from independent agents in Phoenix, so get free Phoenix car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some companies may not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed full coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional information is located at the links below
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)