Cutting costs on Mercury Milan insurance in Phoenix can seem to be hard for drivers who are new to comparing prices online. Since there are so many companies, it can quickly become a chore to find the best price in Arizona on Mercury Milan insurance.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. American drivers can cut their rates by as much as 47% a year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Mercury Milan Insurance
Lots of things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Tickets mean higher premiums – Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Careful drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates substantially. Drivers with serious violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.
Insurance rates are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance of the car or truck you are insuring makes a huge difference in your rates. The lowest premiums are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Since the Mercury Milan is a sedan, insuring your vehicle will cost about the same when compared to the average rates in Phoenix.
Raise deductibles and save – The deductibles you choose are how much you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims are a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Most companies will award lower prices to clients that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a good possibility that you can find a better deal even if you have your coverage with different companies
You might get higher premiums if you are single – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Alarm systems save money – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
Rates and your address – Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities tend to have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. The longer drive time means more chance of being in an accident.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing more rates from different companies helps you find the best offered rates. Not every company allows you to get Phoenix Milan insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s important to compare price quotes from them, too.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Milan Premier AWD||$224||$450||$288||$18||$86||$1,066||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease price quotes noticeably.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The example below shows the difference between Mercury Milan insurance prices with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no exact rule to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Mercury Milan replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Auto insurance rates by age and gender
The example below shows the difference between Mercury Milan insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Big brands don’t always mean big savings
Popular insurance providers such as State Farm and Allstate endlessly run television, radio, and online ads. All the ads seem to make the promise that you can save if you change your policy. Is it even possible that every company can offer you a better deal on Mercury Milan insurance in Phoenix? This is the trick they use.
Insurance companies offer their best rates for the type of customer that will most likely be profitable. A good example of this type of insured might have to be between 25 and 40, has never had a policy lapse, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Any person that matches those criteria will probably get the lowest premium rates and will save if they switch.
Insureds who don’t meet these stringent criteria will get higher rates and this can result in the customer buying from a different company. The wording the ads use say “customers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That is how companies can make claims that they all have the best prices. Different companies use different criteria so you need to do a rate comparison at every renewal. It is just not possible to predict which insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mercury Milan in Phoenix, paying for auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Milan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Mercury at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Mercury as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get discounts on Phoenix insurance
Some companies don’t always list every policy discount very clearly, so we researched a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Phoenix auto insurance online.
- Student in College – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain larger companies give back up to $50 get Phoenix auto insurance on their website.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies reward drivers for switching companies before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Professional Organizations – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Phoenix could trigger savings on insurance.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your state. For a list of providers who offer free Mercury Milan insurance quotes in Phoenix, click this link.
Insurance agents are professional risk managers
Many drivers prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You never need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an company is decision based upon more than just the price. A good agent in Phoenix will have answers to these questions.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Phoenix?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
What type of Phoenix auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you are searching for a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Phoenix willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Llyrena Sherwood – State Farm Insurance Agent
3415 W Glendale Ave #7 – Phoenix, AZ 85051 – (602) 368-9102 – View Map
- Jacob Rosell – State Farm Insurance Agent
2218 N 24th St – Phoenix, AZ 85008 – (602) 267-8200 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Luke Shafer
1717 E Bell Rd #7 – Phoenix, AZ 85022 – (602) 788-5359 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to include at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Phoenix that can give you rate quotes.
- Farmer-Leavitt Insurance Agency
919 N 1st St – Phoenix, AZ 85004 – (602) 264-0566 – View Map
- American Premier Insurance Agency
16815 S Desert Foothills Pkwy #140 – Phoenix, AZ 85048 – (480) 423-3444 – View Map
- Oasis Insurance
317 N 19th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85009 – (602) 233-5500 – View Map
A little work can save a LOT of money
In this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for Mercury Milan insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost Phoenix auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from an unexpected company.
Some auto insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies. More affordable auto insurance in Phoenix can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Phoenix, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)