Being forced to pay for pricey insurance premiums can deplete your funds and force you to make tough financial choices. Comparing price quotes is a great way to lower your monthly bill.
Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of insurance customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Many consumers in Phoenix can cut their rates by 50% a year, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they switched.
There are many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Phoenix is actually quite simple. Practically every vehicle owner who is looking for a better price on insurance will find lower prices. Nevertheless, Arizona drivers must learn how companies calculate your policy premium because it varies considerably.
To find the best insurance quotes, there are several ways to get quotes from different companies. The quickest method to comparison shop is to use the internet to compare rates.
Comparing rates online is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to actually drive to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to quote Hyundai Ioniq insurance online eliminates the middleman unless your situation requires the professional guidance of a licensed agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to comparison shop your insurance online and still use a local agent. When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies helps you find more affordable rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online price quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Protect your Hyundai Ioniq and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Hyundai in Phoenix, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Hyundai Ioniq has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Hyundai at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Hyundai. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Ioniq definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $869 every year so compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Affordable Phoenix auto insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with some auto insurance companies.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on Ioniq insurance in Phoenix.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for switching to them early. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Phoenix drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, and online signing.
- The Hartford offers discounts for driver training, bundle, air bag, good student, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include multi-car, good student, annual mileage, age of vehicle, and good driver.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, military active duty, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, education and occupation, good student, multi-policy, pay-in-full, good driver, and AAA membership discount.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, passive restraint, and good student.
If you want the cheapest Hyundai Ioniq rate quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in Phoenix.
Insurance agencies near you
Some people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to companies in Phoenix that can give you free Phoenix auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house because prices are sent directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the price. Before buying a policy in Phoenix, get answers to these questions.
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Phoenix?
If you prefer to buy insurance from local Phoenix agents, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Phoenix can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
These agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Phoenix that can give you comparison quotes.
Andy Carrillo – State Farm Insurance Agent
4713 E Southern Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85042 – (602) 426-8088 – View Map
Arly Sanchez – State Farm Insurance Agent
1625 N 51st Ave Ste 103 – Phoenix, AZ 85035 – (602) 455-2886 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, you need to get rate quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
The following are independent agencies in Phoenix that are able to give rate quotes.
When to get professional advice
Always remember that when buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Hyundai Ioniq to commute?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What is glass protection for?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is a driver training discount available?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
One last note
Some insurance providers do not offer internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies. Budget-friendly auto insurance in Phoenix is available on the web and with local Phoenix insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
While you’re price shopping online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice full coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read at these sites:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Car Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)