Do you want lower-priced car insurance rates in Phoenix, AZ? Phoenix shoppers have many options when shopping for the best price on Chevy Cobalt insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a new or used Chevy and obtain the lowest price.
It’s important to get comparison quotes before your policy renews since insurance prices go up and down regularly. If you had the best deal on Chevy Cobalt insurance in Phoenix last year you may be paying too much now. There is lot of inaccurate information about Cobalt insurance out there, but you can learn a bunch of ideas how to find cheap car insurance in Phoenix.
If you’re already insured or need a new policy, follow these tips to save money without reducing coverage. Our goal in writing this article teach you how auto insurance companies operate and some tips to save money. Shoppers only need to know the best way to compare insurance rates from many companies at once.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices. Many things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Most insurers will award a discount to buyers who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates. You may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in if you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Don’t let your policy lapse – Letting your insurance expire will be a sure-fire way to pay more for auto insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license.
- Too many claims will drive prices up – If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in Arizona generally give most affordable rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- High credit means lower premiums – Credit score is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit is low, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Cobalt if you improve your credit rating. People with very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower ratings.
- Drive a fast car and pay more – The make and model of the vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in your premium level. Since the Chevrolet Cobalt is considered a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Phoenix. Low performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Eliminate unneeded incidental coverages – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that can add up on your Cobalt policy. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas at first, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
The quickest way to compare policy rates for Chevy Cobalt insurance in Phoenix utilizes the fact auto insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as marital status, the make and model of your vehicles, if you are currently licensed, and if you require a SR-22. That rating information gets sent immediately to all major companies and you will receive price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To compare affordable Chevy Cobalt insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Arizona. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cobalt LS 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$426||$410||$24||$122||$1,142||$95|
|Cobalt XFE 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$632||$410||$24||$122||$1,408||$117|
|Cobalt LS 2-Dr Coupe||$222||$520||$488||$28||$146||$1,404||$117|
|Cobalt XFE 2-Dr Coupe||$184||$426||$454||$26||$136||$1,226||$102|
|Cobalt LT 4-Dr Sedan||$124||$298||$382||$22||$114||$940||$78|
|Cobalt LT 2-Dr Coupe||$162||$290||$374||$22||$112||$960||$80|
|Cobalt SS Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$370||$716||$490||$30||$146||$1,752||$146|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific Phoenix garaging location which can influence coverage prices noticeably.
Auto insurance premiums by gender
The diagram below shows the difference between Chevrolet Cobalt premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Chevrolet Cobalt car insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The data is based on no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut rule for phasing out comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Chevrolet Cobalt settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Cobalt in Phoenix, paying for auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy Cobalt, most banks will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Arizona is overpaying more than $820 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Get discounts to get affordable Phoenix auto insurance quotes
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might find some hidden discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a discount up to 10%.
- Online Discount – A handful of auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application online.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your auto and home insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- New Car Discount – Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Arizona, click here.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to sit down with an agent. Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local agents is especially important in Phoenix.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Phoenix who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on a insurance company is decision based upon more than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- When do they do policy reviews?
After you get reasonable responses to any questions you have and cheaper Cobalt insurance quotes, it’s possible that you found an provider that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
Shop around and save
In this article, we presented many ways to reduce Chevy Cobalt insurance car insurance rates online in Phoenix. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Phoenix car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Low-cost Chevy Cobalt insurance in Phoenix can be found online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium or even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Additional learning opportunities
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much is Phoenix Car Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)