How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for cheaper Buick Lucerne insurance in Phoenix? Think you have an overpriced insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are many Phoenix consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance.
Shockingly, a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many consumers in Arizona can save almost 50% each year, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy. Due to the fact that there are so many insurance companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to pick the cheapest company.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Phoenix is really not that difficult. If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Shoppers just have to know the proper way to buy auto insurance from many different companies online.
Companies offering Buick Lucerne insurance in Arizona
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lucerne CXL Special Edition||$254||$518||$306||$18||$92||$1,188||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise prices noticeably.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can affect Buick Lucerne insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cheaper rates with these ten discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Multi-line Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better premium rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Phoenix car insurance with some insurance companies.
- Memberships – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next insurance statement.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Buick Lucerne insurance rates in Phoenix.
- Distant Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Phoenix and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- E-sign Discounts – A few insurance companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on the internet.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
Popular insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, anti-theft, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, good student, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and air bags.
- Allstate may include discounts for good payer, good student, resident student, passive restraint, auto/life discount, early signing, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, safe driver, anti-theft, and drive less.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for safe driver, youthful driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, and 55 and retired.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- AAA has savings for multi-car, good student, good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and education and occupation.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Phoenix.
Compare rates but work with a local Phoenix insurance agency
Certain consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Phoenix that can provide free Phoenix car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your house since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company should depend on more than just the price. Any good agent in Phoenix should know the answers to these questions.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
If you’re trying to find a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies in Phoenix may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Agents of this type work for only one company like State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Phoenix who may provide you with price quote information.
Arly Sanchez – State Farm Insurance Agent
1625 N 51st Ave Ste 103 – Phoenix, AZ 85035 – (602) 455-2886 – View Map
Severiano Torres III – State Farm Insurance Agent
1820 N 75th Ave #106 – Phoenix, AZ 85035 – (623) 846-0240 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you should always get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Phoenix who can help you get price quotes.
Arizona consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the cheapest car insurance rates from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. They all convey the message about how much you will save if you switch your policy.
How is it possible that every company can cost less than your current company? This is the way they can do it.
Most companies give the cheapest rates for the type of customer that will most likely be profitable. For instance, a desirable insured might have to be a female over age 40, has a clear driving record, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured who matches those parameters will get very good Phoenix car insurance rates and is almost guaranteed to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who are not a match for these stringent criteria will probably have to pay higher rates and this results in the customer buying from someone else. If you pay attention, the ads say “people who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. This is how companies can make those claims. Each company has different criteria, so drivers must compare price quotes frequently. It’s just not possible to know with any certainty which company will have the best rates at this point in time.
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for things like EMT expenses, dental work, chiropractic care and doctor visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like vandalism, a broken windshield, theft, hail damage and hitting a deer. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage covers damage to your Lucerne caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Lucerne to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Arizona drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/10 in Arizona), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/10 that translate to $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible. Arizona state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but drivers should carry higher limits.
Smart consumers save more
We just showed you some good ideas how you can reduce Buick Lucerne insurance prices online in Phoenix. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable Buick Lucerne insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best prices are with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Phoenix Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)