Want to learn how to buy low-cost auto insurance rates in Phoenix, AZ? Phoenix consumers have many options when looking for the best price on BMW 535i insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents getting price quotes or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to buy auto insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to quote coverages for your BMW and obtain the best price possible from Phoenix insurance agents and online providers.
Shocking but true, most auto insurance customers have been with the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. Consumers in Arizona could save $733 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
It’s a good habit to compare prices before your policy renews because auto insurance rates change regularly. Just because you had the best deal on BMW 535i insurance in Phoenix at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the easiest way to get good coverage on BMW 535i insurance in Phoenix at a lower rate.
These tips will teach you a little about how car insurance companies work and how to save the most money. If you are already insured, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Drivers only have to learn the proper methods to shop from many different companies.
Car insurance policy discounts for BMW 535i insurance in Phoenix
Some providers don’t list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Phoenix could qualify you for a break when getting a Phoenix car insurance quote.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Phoenix can save you money because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Popular car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, good driver, student away at school, passive restraint, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- American Family has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, mySafetyValet, early bird, air bags, and defensive driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, seat belt use, and emergency military deployment.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include air bags, student driver, defensive driver, early bird, automatic seat belts, and 55 and older.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
If you want low cost Phoenix car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not apply in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Phoenix, click here.
How to buy BMW 535i insurance in Phoenix
Finding a lower price on insurance is pretty simple and can save money. Just spend a few minutes comparing price quotes to find out which insurance company has affordable Phoenix car insurance quotes.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Arizona. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|535I 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$474||$314||$18||$94||$1,124||$94|
|535I xDrive Station Wagon||$308||$676||$390||$24||$116||$1,514||$126|
|535I GT 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$600||$300||$18||$90||$1,330||$111|
|535I xDrive 4-Dr Sedan||$336||$700||$338||$20||$102||$1,496||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter insurance rates substantially.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender and age
The chart below illustrates the comparison of BMW 535i insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When should I talk to an agent?
Some consumers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting small agencies is still important in Phoenix.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Phoenix who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you would like to find a local Phoenix insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they work. Insurance agencies are categorized either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell affordable insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know why they differ because it can influence buying decisions.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you should always get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agents in Phoenix who may be able to give you pricing information.
- Farmer-Leavitt Insurance Agency
919 N 1st St – Phoenix, AZ 85004 – (602) 264-0566 – View Map
- Daniels Nicolson Insurance Agency, Inc
4411 N 19th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (800) 972-1893 – View Map
- MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC
10851 N Black Canyon Hwy #200 – Phoenix, AZ 85029 – (800) 528-1056 – View Map
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Phoenix who can help you get rate quotes.
- Brian Stevens – State Farm Insurance Agent
21043 N Cave Creek Rd A12 – Phoenix, AZ 85024 – (602) 569-6600 – View Map
- John Abercrombie III – State Farm Insurance Agent
7207 N 7th St – Phoenix, AZ 85020 – (602) 906-0299 – View Map
- Eric Hamilton – State Farm Insurance Agent
10265 W Camelback Rd #120 – Phoenix, AZ 85037 – (623) 848-3048 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
After you get positive responses for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, you may have found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to service your policy.
Why insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your BMW at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Arizona overpays as much as $830 a year so compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Auto insurance policy coverages for a BMW 535i
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for liability – This will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 15/30/10 that translate to a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things such as loss of income, emergency aid and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Arizona state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Arizona limits are 15/30/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your 535i resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your 535i to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass and vandalism. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills like prosthetic devices, funeral costs and pain medications. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Cheap insurance rates are possible
We just covered many ways to get a better price on BMW 535i insurance in Phoenix. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable BMW 535i insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with a small local company.
Cheaper insurance in Phoenix can be found online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, high prices, not issuing a premium refund or lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
More detailed insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)