Finding better insurance prices for a Dodge Journey in Arizona can be difficult, but you can learn the following methods and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Dodge and obtain the lowest possible price either online or from Phoenix insurance agents.
How to compare Phoenix Dodge Journey insurance quotes
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Arizona. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Journey SE 2WD||$112||$172||$288||$18||$86||$676||$56|
|Journey SXT 2WD||$124||$240||$314||$18||$94||$790||$66|
|Journey R/T 2WD||$180||$302||$404||$24||$122||$1,032||$86|
|Journey SXT Crew 2WD||$182||$308||$314||$18||$94||$916||$76|
|Journey SXT AWD||$292||$466||$300||$18||$90||$1,166||$97|
|Journey R/T AWD||$180||$356||$404||$24||$122||$1,086||$91|
|Journey SXT Crew AWD||$250||$566||$338||$20||$102||$1,276||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can revise insurance rates considerably.
Dodge Journey liability-only versus full coverage
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Journey car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums assume no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive rule to delete physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Journey replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $600 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can increase Dodge Journey insurance rates for each different age category. The data is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Age, gender, and Dodge Journey insurance
The information below shows the comparison of Dodge Journey car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Arizona
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Dodge Journey, almost all lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Discounts for affordable car insurance quotes
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for signing up on your computer.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a driver safety course may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Early Switch Discount – A few car insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall bill.
To view car insurance companies with significant discounts in Arizona, click this link.
Car insurance quotes from local neighborhood Phoenix car insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and also buy local.
By using this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Phoenix that can provide free Phoenix car insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents in Phoenix can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Phoenix willing to provide rate quotes.
- Gunther Perdomo Llana – State Farm Insurance Agent
2040 E Bell Rd #110 – Phoenix, AZ 85022 – (602) 971-8488 – View Map
- Lupita Fernandez – State Farm Insurance Agent
2610 W Baseline Rd Ste 116 – Phoenix, AZ 85041 – (602) 633-2088 – View Map
- Chris Bolton – State Farm Insurance Agent
1630 N 7th St – Phoenix, AZ 85006 – (602) 252-1330 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you check rates from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to different regional companies which may have better rates.
The following are independent insurance agents in Phoenix that are able to give price quotes.
- UNO Insurance Agency
3510 E Bell Rd # 2 – Phoenix, AZ 85032 – (602) 493-2300 – View Map
- MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC
10851 N Black Canyon Hwy #200 – Phoenix, AZ 85029 – (800) 528-1056 – View Map
- American Premier Insurance Agency
16815 S Desert Foothills Pkwy #140 – Phoenix, AZ 85048 – (480) 423-3444 – View Map
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Be persistent to save money
We’ve covered a lot of information how to compare Dodge Journey insurance premium rates in Phoenix. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower prices compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies. Cheaper car insurance in Phoenix is attainable online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Much more information about car insurance in Arizona is located at these links:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- How Much are Phoenix Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)