Are you doing reasearch to find lower-priced Audi A3 insurance in Phoenix? I can’t think of anyone who looks forward to buying car insurance, especially when they could find better rates elsewhere.
It’s hard to believe, but nearly 70% of customers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could pocket $850 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to spend time to do a rate comparison. Numerous car insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to get the best price available on Audi A3 insurance in Phoenix.
The quickest method to get policy rate comparisons for Audi A3 insurance in Phoenix is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including if you are currently licensed, whether or not you need a SR-22, distance driven, and your occupation. That rating data is submitted instantly to multiple companies and they provide comparison quotes quickly.
To find lower cheaper Audi A3 insurance rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Phoenix.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A3 2.0T Premium Package||$112||$246||$288||$18||$86||$750||$63|
|A3 2.0T Premium Plus Package||$138||$284||$306||$18||$92||$838||$70|
|A3 2.0T Quattro||$208||$426||$362||$22||$108||$1,126||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can revise premiums greatly.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Audi A3 insurance prices with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The prices are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no exact formula that is best for determining when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Audi A3 book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Impact of careless driving on Phoenix auto insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims can impact Audi A3 auto insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why you need insurance
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Audi at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What Determines Audi A3 Insurance Premiums?
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the factors that aid in calculating your insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower rates.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most major insurers will award a discount to insureds who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount, you may still want to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Does insurance coverage cost less for women? – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Women and men are responsible for auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage. Men also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Car insurance liability insurance limits – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Location can modify price – Having an address in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Urban drivers have to deal with much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Audi A3 insurance loss data – Insurance companies use past insurance losses in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Audi A3 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Audi A3 Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A3 4dr 2WD 152 90 109 85 Audi A3 4dr 4WD 147 73 111 80
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Take policy discounts and save on Audi A3 insurance in Phoenix
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before they will apply.
- Early Switch Discount – Select larger companies give a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current A3 insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better premium rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new A3 can get you a discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to spy on their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Popular insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, military active duty, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, good student, and accident-free.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Travelers has savings for IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, save driver, driver training, and student away at school.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safe driver, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, safe driver, and anti-theft.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-car, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in every state.
Local insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to your email. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Phoenix?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Phoenix?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
Different types of car insurance agents in Phoenix
When finding a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different since it can affect which agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Phoenix that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, you need to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Phoenix willing to provide rate quotes.
We just showed you many ways to compare Audi A3 insurance premium rates in Phoenix. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Much more information about auto insurance in Arizona can be found on the following sites:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Car Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)