Want to learn the secrets to finding more affordable Chevy Bolt insurance in Phoenix? Do you think you bought an expensive insurance policy? Say no more because there are many Phoenix drivers thinking the same thing.
It’s hard to fathom, but a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. With the average premium in Arizona being $1,580, drivers could save an average of 50% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
Since consumers have many choices for buying cheap insurance for a Chevy Bolt in Phoenix, it is very difficult to choose the most affordable insurance company.
Consumers should take time to compare prices occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best rate on Chevy Bolt insurance in Phoenix at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to find out one of the easiest ways to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Cheapest auto insurance in Phoenix, AZ
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Chevy Bolt insurance in Phoenix
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before being credited. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Renewal Discounts – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current Bolt insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow data collection to look at driving patterns by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a course teaching driver safety skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for driver training, anti-theft, federal employee, seat belt use, and air bags.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include bundle discounts, safe driver, accident prevention training, multi-car, drive less, homeowner, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, accident-free, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
- MetLife has discounts for claim-free, good student, defensive driver, accident-free, and good driver.
- 21st Century may include discounts for student driver, teen driver, driver training, automatic seat belts, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
If you need inexpensive Phoenix car insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not be offered everywhere. To see a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts in Phoenix, click this link.
Insurance can get complicated
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique and your insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions might help in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Buying insurance from Phoenix insurance agencies
A lot of people prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the lowest rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local agents is especially important in Phoenix.
After completing this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Phoenix that give free quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to drive around since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
The largest companies are not always cheapest
Well-known car insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive continually stream television, radio, and online ads. They all seem to advertise claims about savings after switching to them. But how can every company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? This is the way they can do it.
Many companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of insured that earns them the most money. A good example of a desirable risk might be described as a female over age 40, has never had a claim, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A propective insured that meets those criteria will qualify for the lowest prices in Phoenix and will also cut their Chevy Bolt insurance rates if they switch.
Consumers who cannot meet the requirements may be forced to pay a more expensive rate and ends up with the customer not buying. If you pay attention, the ads say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much when switching. This is how insurance companies can confidently lure you into getting a quote.
This illustrates why it’s extremely important to compare rate quotes every year. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which car insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Smart shoppers get results
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to compare Chevy Bolt insurance prices in Phoenix. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Chevrolet Bolt rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company. These smaller insurers often have lower rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
The cheapest Chevy Bolt insurance in Phoenix is available both online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)