Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an expensive insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are many Phoenix consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance.
Unthinkable but true, a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in Arizona could save as much as 50% each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to go online and compare rates. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate constantly blast consumers with catchy ads and it can be hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and find the best price available.
It’s smart to do price comparisons once or twice a year since insurance prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest rates on Buick Terraza insurance in Phoenix a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the only way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you are already insured or want to find a cheaper company, you will benefit by learning to save money without reducing protection. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Phoenix is actually quite simple. Drivers just have to understand the most time-saving way to compare different rates using one simple form.
Getting low cost car insurance pricing can be relatively painless. You just need to take time to compare rates to see which company has cheaper Phoenix auto insurance quotes.
Comparing rates online is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to make phone calls or go to all the different Phoenix insurance agencies. Comparing Buick Terraza insurance rates online makes this unnecessary unless you want the trained advice of a local Phoenix agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare the best prices online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Phoenix car insurance discounts
Some companies don’t always advertise every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Phoenix auto insurance online.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying insurance on a new vehicle is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military can result in better prices.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will give a small break just for signing your application digitally online.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Allstate and GEICO may permit one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your policy premium.
If you would like to view insurers that offer multiple discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
Local Phoenix auto insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Good agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local agents is definitely important in Phoenix.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Phoenix that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find local Phoenix agents, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they function. Agents in Phoenix may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to include a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Below are independent agents in Phoenix who may provide free rate quotes.
22601 N 19th Ave #216 – Phoenix, AZ 85027 – (623) 572-0032 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are Phoenix exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
Gunther Perdomo Llana – State Farm Insurance Agent
2040 E Bell Rd #110 – Phoenix, AZ 85022 – (602) 971-8488 – View Map
Picking a insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- How are claims handled?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Arizona?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always remember that when buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Arizona?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Buick Terraza Insurance Prices Can Be Reduced
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower auto insurance prices. Many factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but others are more obscure such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Stressful occupation may mean higher prices – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as lawyers, executives and emergency personnel generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of intense work-related stress and long work days. Other careers like actors, engineers and homemakers get better rates.
Getting married pays dividends – Your spouse actually saves money on your policy. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Arizona provide the best rates to people who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Incidental coverages that aren’t used – Policies have add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your Terraza policy. Things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Don’t skimp on liability protection – Liability coverage will protect you if ever you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Older drivers save more – Young drivers in Arizona are statistically proven to be less responsible in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. Having to add a young driver onto a policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.
Choosing Terraza insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Terraza, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Buick at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Buick. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, questionable increases in premium, denial of a claim and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, finding a new company can be pretty painless.
A few companies may not offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent agents. More affordable insurance in Phoenix is attainable online in addition to many Phoenix insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
When getting Phoenix auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost.
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)