Want a free price quotes on more affordable car insurance rates in Phoenix, AZ? Phoenix consumers have lots of choices when looking for the lowest priced Dodge Ram insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Dodge and locate the cheapest rates either online or from Phoenix insurance agents.
It is always a good idea to compare rates quite often because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the lowest rates on Dodge Ram insurance in Phoenix a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to learn the only way to find great coverage at a great price.
If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, you can follow these tips to reduce premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Our objective in writing this article is to help educate you on the most effective ways to compare rates and how you can save the most money. Shoppers just need to learn the best way to shop instantly.
Cheapest Dodge insurance prices in Phoenix
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$138||$198||$346||$20||$104||$806||$67|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$286||$536||$410||$24||$122||$1,378||$115|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$148||$226||$348||$20||$104||$846||$71|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$238||$360||$348||$20||$104||$1,070||$89|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$224||$402||$382||$22||$114||$1,144||$95|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$182||$308||$356||$22||$106||$974||$81|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$298||$390||$444||$26||$132||$1,290||$108|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$224||$382||$356||$22||$106||$1,090||$91|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$148||$226||$348||$20||$104||$846||$71|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$292||$460||$338||$20||$102||$1,212||$101|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$176||$332||$410||$24||$122||$1,064||$89|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$176||$332||$410||$24||$122||$1,064||$89|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$172||$326||$440||$26||$132||$1,096||$91|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$236||$370||$338||$20||$102||$1,066||$89|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$204||$382||$382||$22||$114||$1,104||$92|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$332||$460||$444||$26||$132||$1,394||$116|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$250||$450||$356||$22||$106||$1,184||$99|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$224||$382||$318||$18||$96||$1,038||$87|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$292||$530||$338||$20||$102||$1,282||$107|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$250||$518||$356||$22||$106||$1,252||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can influence price quotes noticeably.
Dodge Ram insurance rates by gender in Phoenix
The information below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Discounts can help to save on Dodge Ram insurance in Phoenix
Some insurers don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous car insurance savings.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some car insurance companies.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less can qualify you for discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could mean lower prices.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To locate insurance companies who offer online Dodge Ram insurance quotes in Arizona, follow this link.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in cheaper rates. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other criteria are not as apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
- Add-on coverages may not be needed – Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, towing, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- Do you really need to file that policy claims? – Auto insurance companies in Arizona provide the lowest premiums to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is designed for larger claims.
- Is your car built for speed? – The make and model of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. Since the Dodge Ram is considered a pickup truck, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price when compared to the average rates in Phoenix. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Liability insurance limits should be high – Liability insurance will protect you if ever a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Does your vocation raise your rates? – Occupations like real estate brokers, executives and accountants tend to have higher average rates attributed to intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other professions such as actors, engineers and the unemployed pay the least.
- Get hitched and pay less – Getting married may cut your premiums when shopping for car insurance. It means you’re more stable financially and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Phoenix?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Dodge Ram?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
A small number of people just prefer to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Phoenix.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Phoenix that give free quotes to get your business. There is no reason to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to find a good Phoenix insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they work. Agents in Phoenix are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the subtle differences because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing car insurance prices, you should always include price quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below are Phoenix independent agents that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC
10851 N Black Canyon Hwy #200 – Phoenix, AZ 85029 – (800) 528-1056 – View Map
- UNO Insurance Agency
3510 E Bell Rd # 2 – Phoenix, AZ 85032 – (602) 493-2300 – View Map
- Rodriguez Insurance
5720 N 27th Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85017 – (602) 242-5303 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only place business with one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Phoenix willing to provide price quotes.
- Jim Nork – State Farm Insurance Agent
1600 W Camelback Rd #1a – Phoenix, AZ 85015 – (602) 222-9400 – View Map
- Chris Bolton – State Farm Insurance Agent
1630 N 7th St – Phoenix, AZ 85006 – (602) 252-1330 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Jennifer Swenson
4731 N Central Ave – Phoenix, AZ 85012 – (602) 995-9334 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Phoenix?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
After getting satisfactory answers to any questions you have as well as inexpensive Dodge Ram insurance in Phoenix quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to service your policy.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Consumers in Arizona get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings from companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all advertise claims that drivers can save some big amount if you just switch your car insurance policy to them.
How is it plausible that every one can sell you cheaper insurance coverage? It’s all in how they say it.
Different companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of customer that earns them the most money. For instance, a profitable risk profile could be between the ages of 30 and 45, carries full coverage, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any customer who matches that profile may get the lowest auto insurance rates in Phoenix as well as save money with a new company.
Drivers who may not quite match the ideal profile will see a higher premium which leads to the customer buying from someone else. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “customers that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save the amount stated. This is how insurance companies can make those statements.
Because of these techniques, you absolutely need to get Phoenix car insurance quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to guess which insurance companies will provide the lowest Dodge Ram insurance in Phoenix.
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
Budget-conscious Dodge Ram insurance is definitely available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Journey in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Phoenix Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)