Looking for more affordable Toyota Camry insurance in Phoenix? Price shopping your Toyota Camry insurance in Phoenix can seem to be frustrating for drivers who have little experience quoting and comparing rates online. You have so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a difficult mission to compare rates in Arizona on Toyota Camry insurance.
It's hard to fathom, but most car insurance buyers in Arizona kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could pocket almost $859 a year, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to compare rate quotes online.
Best companies for Toyota Camry insurance
The car insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Arizona. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Phoenix which can alter auto insurance rates considerably.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change Toyota Camry insurance costs for different ages of insureds. Data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but others are less apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that help determine your policy premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get cheaper rates.
Listed below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
- Do you need those add-on coverages? - Policies have additional coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
- Frequent insurance claims increase premiums - If you frequently file small claims, don't be surprised to see either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in Arizona award most affordable rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Safety ratings are a factor - Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates. If your Toyota earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Rates go up with performance - The performance level of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest premiums are generally reserved for lower cost passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Due to the fact that the Toyota Camry is a sedan, rates will be about the same as compared to the average rate in Phoenix.
- How's your driving record? - Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Drivers who don't get tickets get better prices than bad drivers. Even one moving violation can increase rates to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who have received multiple violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Higher comp and collision deductibles are cheaper - Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Improve your credit rating and save - An insured's credit score can be an important factor in determining premium rates. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit scores. If your credit score is lower than you'd like, you may save money insuring your Toyota Camry by improving your credit score.
- Insurance loss probability for a Toyota Camry - Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Models that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure.
The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Toyota Camry vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Toyota Camry Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Camry 110 94 102 148 145 107 Toyota Camry Hybrid 124 100 110 118 127 96
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Check for these price cutting discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always list every policy discount very clearly, so the below list has a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Phoenix auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Good Student - Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Low Miles Discount - Maintaining low annual mileage could earn lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used Camry can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Distant Student - Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
A list of car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, and accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for type of vehicle, multi-car, location of vehicle, age of vehicle, good student, ease of repair, and accident-free.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for family plan, business or organization, multi-policy, anti-theft, accident-free, and easy pay.
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, and daytime running lights.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-car, AAA membership discount, good driver, anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
When quoting, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Phoenix.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Phoenix who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact an agency since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an company should include more criteria than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
Two types of auto insurance agents
When finding an insurance agent, it's important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to use the same agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive agents in Phoenix willing to provide price quotes.
- Jacob Rosell - State Farm Insurance Agent
2218 N 24th St - Phoenix, AZ 85008 - (602) 267-8200 - View Map
- Justin Crain - State Farm Insurance Agent
6146 N 35th Ave #103 - Phoenix, AZ 85017 - (602) 242-4141 - View Map
- Severiano Torres III - State Farm Insurance Agent
1820 N 75th Ave #106 - Phoenix, AZ 85035 - (623) 846-0240 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, it's a good idea to compare quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most also write with small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
Listed below are Phoenix independent agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Daniels Nicolson Insurance Agency, Inc
4411 N 19th Ave - Phoenix, AZ 85015 - (800) 972-1893 - View Map
- Citywide Insurance
1529 W Thomas Rd - Phoenix, AZ 85015 - (602) 241-9200 - View Map
- American Premier Insurance Agency
16815 S Desert Foothills Pkwy #140 - Phoenix, AZ 85048 - (480) 423-3444 - View Map
Why you might not save $389 a year
Companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all state the claim that drivers can save some big amount if you change your insurance policy to them. How can each company make almost identical claims? It's all in the words they use.
All companies give the cheapest rates for the type of customer that is profitable for them. One example of this type of insured should be over the age of 35, has never had a policy lapse, and chooses high deductibles. Anyone that matches those criteria will probably get cheap car insurance rates and have a good chance to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who do not meet those criteria will be quoted a more expensive rate with the end result being business going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say "customers who switch" not "everyone who quotes" will save that much if they switch. That's why companies can truthfully make claims that they all have the best premium rates. Because each company has a different risk profile, it is so important to get Phoenix auto insurance quotes as often as possible. You cannot predict with any certainty which company will give you the biggest savings.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
When you buy Phoenix auto insurance online, it's not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured cut full coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We've covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Toyota Camry insurance in Phoenix. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high prices, denial of a claim and even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching insurance companies can be pretty painless.
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)