Chevy Colorado insurance rates image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Want to learn how to find low-cost Chevy Colorado insurance in Phoenix? Paying for high-priced Chevrolet Colorado insurance in Phoenix can dwindle your checking account and maybe even restrict other spending.
Amazingly, the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Arizona being $1,600, drivers could save nearly $733 each year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
Because there are so many options when it comes to car insurance, it's nearly impossible to choose the best insurer.
It is always a good idea to do price comparisons quite often because car insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best quotes on Chevy Colorado insurance in Phoenix a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're going to learn one of the best ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
We hope to teach you a little about how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. If you have a current insurance policy, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the concepts you're about to learn. Nevertheless, Arizona drivers need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies market on the web and use it to your advantage.
When comparison shopping, more quotes increases your odds of finding the best rates.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in Phoenix, AZ. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Colorado LT 2WD||$110||$220||$288||$18||$86||$722||$60|
|Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$174||$386||$282||$16||$84||$942||$79|
|Colorado LT 4WD||$164||$258||$254||$16||$76||$768||$64|
|Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$174||$402||$338||$20||$102||$1,036||$86|
|Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$194||$362||$332||$20||$100||$1,008||$84|
|Colorado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$188||$314||$254||$16||$76||$848||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease premium rates greatly.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions raise Chevrolet Colorado insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that many people don't even know exist. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Sign Early and Save - A few insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current Colorado insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Multi-line Discount - Select companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Clubs and Organizations - Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next insurance statement.
- Student in College - Youth drivers living away from Phoenix attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Payment Method - If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Good Student - Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying a policy with all your vehicles on the same insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way. But any discount should help reduce the amount you have to pay.
A list of insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- 21st Century offers discounts for teen driver, early bird, driver training, student driver, 55 and older, air bags, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and good student.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and driver's education.
- Nationwide includes discounts for anti-theft, family plan, accident-free, good student, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Esurance has discounts for Pac-12 alumni, homeowner, renters, paid-in-full, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford has savings for bundle, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, good student, air bag, and driver training.
When quoting, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your state. To find insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Phoenix, click here to view.
Local insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you can get better rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local agencies is still important in Phoenix.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to your email. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you want a reliable insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Phoenix can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When searching for an agent, it's a good idea to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Phoenix that can give you rate quotes.
22601 N 19th Ave #216 - Phoenix, AZ 85027 - (623) 572-0032 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. They receive extensive training on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are exclusive agencies in Phoenix that can give you rate quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that help calculate your policy premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower insurance prices.
- Prevent theft and save - Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent car theft.
- How much liability protection do you need? - Your insurance policy's liability coverage kicks in if ever you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- High performance equals high prices - The performance level of the car or truck you drive makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest base rates will generally be found on low performance passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Since the Chevrolet Colorado is classified as a pickup truck, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price compared to average rates in Phoenix.
- Expect high rates for teens - Young drivers in Arizona are statistically shown to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Adding a first-time driver onto a policy will cause a huge premium hike. Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Do you really need to file that claims? - If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Arizona generally give lower rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Chevy Colorado insurance claim data - Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that tend to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will be charged more to insure. The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Chevy Colorado vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Colorado Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 2WD 73 57 64 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4WD 90 89 86 67 Chevrolet Colorado Ext Cab 2WD 55 Chevrolet Colorado Ext Cab 4WD 67
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in Arizona but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Colorado has a loan, most lenders will require that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves both your Chevy Colorado and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
The best rates come from being thorough
Some insurance companies may not have price quotes online and these regional carriers work with independent insurance agents. Lower-priced Chevy Colorado insurance in Phoenix can be purchased online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
We just covered a lot of information how to shop for Chevy Colorado insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates come from the least-expected company. Smaller companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Additional insurance information is located below:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Phoenix Auto Insurance Rates for 4x4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)