Honda Odyssey insurance rates image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Want to learn how to save money and find cheaper Honda Odyssey insurance in Phoenix? Searching for better insurance prices for a new or used Honda Odyssey in Arizona could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance so we're going to tell you the best way to get price quotes for a Honda and locate the cheapest rates either online or from Phoenix insurance agents.
Sadly, about 70% of customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. Arizona insurance shoppers could pocket 50% a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to save money without sacrificing coverage. Finding and comparing the lowest cost coverage in Phoenix can be fairly easy. Vehicle owners just have to understand the least time-consuming way to find the lowest price using one simple form.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Phoenix, AZ. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$174||$382||$338||$20||$102||$1,016||$85|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$112||$246||$288||$18||$86||$750||$63|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$222||$538||$314||$18||$94||$1,186||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence price quotes noticeably.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can affect Honda Odyssey insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Protect your Honda vehicle and other assets
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Phoenix, paying for auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Honda Odyssey, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $850 per year so it's recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
Can you really save if you switch?
Consumers can't avoid all the ads that claim the best car insurance rates from the likes of State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies have a common claim that drivers can save some big amount if you change to their company.
How does every company make almost identical claims? You have to listen carefully.
Companies require specific criteria for the driver that will generate a profit. One example of a profitable risk profile could be over the age of 50, has never had a policy lapse, and has excellent credit. Anybody that fits those parameters will most likely get cheap prices and most likely will cut their Honda Odyssey insurance rates if they switch.
Potential insureds who don't qualify for those criteria may be forced to pay a higher premium and ends up with the customer not purchasing. The trick is to say "drivers who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much money. That's why insurance companies can make the claims of big savings.
Because every company is different, it is so important to compare many company's premium rates. You cannot predict with any certainty which company will have better car insurance rates than you're paying now.
Do you qualify for discounts on Honda Odyssey insurance in Phoenix?
Insurance can be pricey, but there may be some discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but some must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Professional Memberships - Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a new Odyssey can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying a policy with multiple cars on the same insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Defensive Driver - Taking time to complete a class that teaches safe driver techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Popular insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for early shopping, teen driver, multi-car, pay in full, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, safe vehicle, anti-theft, passive restraint, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and driver's education.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for multi-policy, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, multi-car, and new graduate.
- MetLife has savings for accident-free, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
If you need cheaper Phoenix auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state.
Car insurance quotes from local Phoenix insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a local agent. Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Phoenix.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to visit any agencies because prices are sent immediately to you. If you want to quote rates from one company in particular, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
The different types of car insurance agents
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Phoenix can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know the differences since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will definitely want to compare quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Phoenix that may be able to provide price quotes.
- Daniels Nicolson Insurance Agency, Inc
4411 N 19th Ave - Phoenix, AZ 85015 - (800) 972-1893 - View Map
- Citywide Insurance
1529 W Thomas Rd - Phoenix, AZ 85015 - (602) 241-9200 - View Map
- MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC
10851 N Black Canyon Hwy #200 - Phoenix, AZ 85029 - (800) 528-1056 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Below are Phoenix exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- Eric Hamilton - State Farm Insurance Agent
10265 W Camelback Rd #120 - Phoenix, AZ 85037 - (623) 848-3048 - View Map
- Jacob Rosell - State Farm Insurance Agent
2218 N 24th St - Phoenix, AZ 85008 - (602) 267-8200 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Jennifer Swenson
4731 N Central Ave - Phoenix, AZ 85012 - (602) 995-9334 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Phoenix should have no problem answering these questions:
- How are they compensated?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
If you get answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and a good coverage price, it's possible that you found an insurance agency that can be trusted to provide car insurance coverage. But remember, it's your policy and you can terminate your policy at any time so never feel you're contractually obligated to any specific agency for any length of time.
In this article, we presented many ideas to find cheaper Honda Odyssey insurance in Phoenix. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Phoenix auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, high prices or even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Some companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agents. Affordable Honda Odyssey insurance in Phoenix can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Phoenix Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)