Have you finally had enough of trying to scrape together enough money to insure your vehicles every month? You're in the same situation as many other Arizona drivers.
It's astonishing, but the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Arizona insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they just feel it's too hard to compare other rate quotes. Many insurers compete for your insurance dollar, so it's not easy to compare every insurance company to get the lowest cost out there.
If you have a policy now or just want cheaper coverage, you can use these techniques to buy cheaper auto insurance while maximizing coverage. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Mesa can be made easier if you know where to look. Vehicle owners only have to learn the most efficient way to shop their coverage around from many companies at once.
Affordable car insurance companies in Mesa
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Mesa, AZ. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,134||$567||$95|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Crew||$850||$425||$71|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,202||$601||$100|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$656||$328||$55|
|Ford Explorer XLT AWD||$844||$422||$70|
|Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$858||$429||$72|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$798||$399||$67|
|GMC Sierra SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$882||$441||$74|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,084||$542||$90|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$686||$343||$57|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$852||$426||$71|
|Hyundai Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$834||$417||$70|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$850||$425||$71|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,260||$630||$105|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$828||$414||$69|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$932||$466||$78|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$836||$418||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase coverage rates greatly.
Auto insurance prices based on gender
The chart below illustrates the comparison of insurance rates for male and female drivers in Mesa. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in on a GMC Acadia SLT.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Analysis of deductible levels
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can impact Nissan Sentra premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Nissan Sentra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Are you snagging every discount?
Some insurance providers don't always advertise the entire discount list very well, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Good Students Pay Less - A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Defensive Driving Course - Passing a course teaching safe driver skills could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a deployed family member can result in better premium rates.
- Paperless Signup - Many insurance companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on the internet.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- No Claims - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Mesa car insurance quote when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, you're out of luck. But any discount should help reduce your overall bill.
Some companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in your state.
Informed drivers can reduce your rates
Many things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings.
The following are a few of the "ingredients" used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Cheaper premiums with safer cars - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your car, truck, or SUV scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
- Where do you drive? - Driving a lot of miles each year the more you'll pay to insure it. Almost all companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Extra coverages are wasting money - Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Coverages for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
- Car features can affect rates - Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Better drivers have lower premiums - Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one chargeable violation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have license-revoking tickets like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Never allow your car insurance to lapse - Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Arizona motor vehicle department.
- When should you file a insurance claims? - If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in Arizona generally give the best rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Men are more aggressive - Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn't prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both have at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Auto insurance quotes from local neighborhood Mesa car insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is definitely important in Mesa.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Mesa who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no need to drive around because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you're trying to find a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can write policy coverage, but it's good to learn why they differ since it could factor into buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Mesa that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Mesa who can help you get rate quotes.
American Family Insurance - Brian Johnson Agency Inc.
3660 E University Dr Ste 3 - Mesa, AZ 85205 - (480) 634-7039 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Where are claims handled?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Mesa?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
The lowest rates come from being thorough
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to save on insurance in Mesa. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Budget-conscious insurance is attainable from both online companies and from local agencies, so get free Mesa car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for insurance, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out they didn't have enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost.
More detailed insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)