Want to learn how to buy lower-priced Honda Accord insurance in Phoenix? Feel like you have overpriced Honda Accord insurance in Phoenix? It's quite common and you are not the only one feeling buyer's remorse.
It's hard to believe, but the vast majority of car insurance customers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in Phoenix could save roughly $730 a year, but they just don't want to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes. Big-name insurance companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm constantly bombard you with advertising and it can be hard to ignore the promise of big savings and take the time to shop coverage around.
Smart consumers take time to do price comparisons every six months because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Honda Accord insurance in Phoenix two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you're about to learn the fastest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, use these money-saving tips to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Finding the cheapest coverage in Phoenix can be much easier if you know how to start. Comparison shoppers just need to understand the most efficient way to compare insurance rates online.
How Insurers Calculate Honda Accord Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that help calculate your insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower insurance prices.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Keep the miles off and save - The higher the mileage driven in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your Accord may be costing you higher rates. It's a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating correctly shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- How old are your drivers? - Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when driving so insurance rates are higher.
- Excellent credit means lower premiums - Having a bad credit history is a big factor in calculating your insurance rates. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit is low, you could pay less to insure your Honda Accord by repairing your credit.
- Don't skimp on liability insurance - The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection if a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- Insurance loss statistics a Honda Accord - Insurers analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help determine the price you pay. Models that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Honda Accord vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Values that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Honda Accord Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Honda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Accord 91 85 90 122 117 94 Honda Accord Hybrid 96 80 98 89 76 84 Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 2WD 85 97 83 122 113 94 Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 4WD 99 102 94 120 93
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Most companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO give coverage price quotes direct online. Getting Honda Accord insurance prices online is quite easy because it's just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Upon sending the form, the quote system will obtain your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote based on these factors. Quoting online for Honda Accord insurance in Phoenix simplifies rate comparisons, and it's very important to do this if you want to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
To compare rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you enter the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you will receive comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Arizona. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$158||$272||$244||$14||$74||$762||$64|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$382||$254||$16||$76||$952||$79|
|Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$122||$232||$308||$18||$92||$772||$64|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$150||$238||$262||$16||$78||$744||$62|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$96||$168||$240||$14||$72||$590||$49|
|Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$314||$254||$16||$76||$848||$71|
|Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$184||$426||$410||$24||$122||$1,166||$97|
|Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$210||$424||$348||$20||$104||$1,106||$92|
|Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$156||$326||$440||$26||$132||$1,080||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect rates significantly.
Cautious drivers save money
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can influence Honda Accord auto insurance rates for different age groups. The data is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Honda Accord premium costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance rates by gender and age
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Honda Accord car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Choosing the best Honda Accord insurance in Arizona is an important decision
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Phoenix, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Accord, it's most likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Honda at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Honda but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
Score discounts to get cheaper Phoenix car insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don't necessarily list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Phoenix auto insurance online.
- Senior Discount - Mature drivers could receive reduced rates.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers who don't have accidents pay less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies give discounts for switching companies early. It could save around 10% when you buy Phoenix auto insurance online.
- Low Miles Discount - Maintaining low annual mileage could earn substantially lower car insurance rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Clubs and Organizations - Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Phoenix auto insurance quote.
- Drivers Education - It's a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course in high school.
- Student in College - Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won't have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
It's important to note that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won't be that lucky.
To locate providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Phoenix, click here to view.
Auto insurance agents near you
Many drivers just want to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local agencies is important particularly in Phoenix.
By using this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Shown below is a list of insurers in Phoenix that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Honda Accord insurance in Phoenix.
Eric Hamilton - State Farm Insurance Agent
10265 W Camelback Rd #120 - Phoenix, AZ 85037 - (623) 848-3048 - View Map
Selecting an insurance company should include more criteria than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Phoenix?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How long have they been in business?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Cheaper rates are available
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to get a better price on Honda Accord insurance in Phoenix. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Honda Accord rate quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
When you buy Phoenix auto insurance online, make sure you don't buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Phoenix Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Phoenix? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)